Competition

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

terminaldamage

Competition

Post by terminaldamage »

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this, but it doesn't really fall into a specific category so I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I'm running a little competition across on the FRA forum just to make my 2000th post something of interest and have decided to copy the details across here should anyone who isn't an FRA forum visitor wish to take part :)

The original thread/post can be viewed here (sixth post down): http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/forum/v ... &start=210

Competition time!!

Up for grabs is a Futaba Attack 2ER 2-channel radio control system running on 27MHz. The contents include: the transmitter (tx), receiver (rx), two Acoms servos, three sets of crystals (blue, red and orange) and eight AA batteries for the transmitter. There is no battery pack for the receiver so to use this system you would have to buy your own, or buy a cheap battery harness from Maplin or your local model shop and use some AA batteries.

I?ve been trying to sell this a few times over the past year or so without luck, so if I can?t get rid of it by giving it away for free, I fear it?ll be stuck on the top of my wardrobe forever!

Rules
Entry is FREE!! If you win, postage is FREE!!
The competition will run until 23:59 on Friday 4th February.
All correct entries received before this time will be put into a hat.
If you submit an entry after this time, your answer will not be counted but you may still be charged 8)
Entry limited to one per person.
A name shall be drawn out the hat at random on Saturday 5th February to determine the winner. I will then be in contact to arrange delivery of the prize.
The draw will be filmed and uploaded to the RogueTwo Robots Youtube channel.

To take part, all you have to do is correctly answer the main question. This will give you one entry in the competition. There is also a harder bonus question; if you answer this correctly, you will gain an extra THREE entries into the competition. This means that your name will be on a maximum of four separate slips inside the hat, thus increasing your chances of winning!

So to business. Here is the main question:
Before it changed hands in summer last year and was re-christened as Boner, Drumroll had competed in five full-combat championships. It had varied success, but what was the highest position it achieved during this time?

And for three bonus entries:
RogueTwo Robots, competing under its previous name of Team Terminal Damage, competed in the 2006 UK Robotic Games. We entered two robots into the RC (3kg) Sumo event; one was called Minimal Damage, but what was the name of the other one?

To submit your entry, please send an email to rogue-two-robots@live.co.uk with your name and your answer(s), and ?Competition Entry? as the subject.
Answers posted in this thread will not be accepted.
Answers submitted by Private Message on the forum will also not be accepted.

Unfortunately, because of the free nature of the competition, I cannot post the prize overseas due to increased postage costs. Therefore I will only be accepting entries from the UK.

Good luck!!
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.