when is aws 35?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jonny

when is aws 35?

Post by Jonny »

hello, doing a bit of holiday planning at the moment. what date is aws 35 on? gotta try to avoid missing it due to being on holiday :)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

It's almost certain the date has not been fixed yet!
The usual timeframe is late June - early July so as to avoid school holidays and peak holiday times.
Since Joey is organising it, I suspect it will be away from A-level exam times too!
If you are planning to take your holiday during the school holidays you should be well clear of the AWS.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

It most probably will be late June to early July as that's when it normally seems to be, as Gary's just said. I need to check things like venues and when the exams are first though :P

On a similar subject, when will the next RRC be? I understood it to be late January/early February but there's been no word from Simon.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

ok thanks :D
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The last RRC was 22nd May 2010. There are no plans for another.
haz

Post by haz »

awww, i realy enjoyed that... :cry:
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Well I was thinking about it, looking back through the old photos, good times, but then I looked back through the old forum topics and was reminded just how many people DIDN'T REGISTER UNTIL THE DAY ITSELF BECAUSE THEIR ROBOTS WEREN'T READY!!!!

You wouldn't believe how difficult that makes things for the organiser, to have five teams registered a few days before and ten teams turn up on the day. My hat off to the people that still do organise events.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Thats a shame, i always really enjoyed the RRC's, had the competitiveness of the AWS but with the relaxed feel of a less formal event, i suppose this means i have to bring back RFRC...
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I imagine the committee be looking for someone to host AWS36 on 15th, 22nd or 29th October (although we'll be at a Dr Who convention on the last date)?
haz

Post by haz »

"DIDN'T REGISTER UNTIL THE DAY ITSELF BECAUSE THEIR ROBOTS WEREN'T READY"
in my fairness i only found out the day berfore :P