when is aws 35?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I second the comments about RFRC, I'd love to attend another one if time allows :)

To answer the question somewhat properly, AWS35 is 90% certain (as I have to actually be back in college to confirm the booking) to be on Sunday 17th July, and I am contemplating doing actual sign-ups on the morning of the event rather than taking the list of signed up robots as gospel, to avoid that precise issue...I imagine there has to be some other flaw in the plan though, heh ;P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Having organised a number of events, I have learnt never to assume that the robots registered will be the ones taking part!

It's not just the late registered or unregistered ones turning up, but also the registered ones that don't turn up, turn up with a different name, etc etc.

It's all part of organising an event. You and your system have to be flexible enough to cope. It's one of the reasons that the AntLog software doesn't try to handle all the front-end activities like assigning robots to groups and deciding how many robots in each group. The numbers are likely to change even after everyone has arrived!

Good luck with it Joey, and remember to rope in a couple of willing helpers - it's good for the sanity!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Considering me and (I think) Gary and James won't be there, I'd definitely recommend trying to find helpers, particularly if they are familiar with the AntLog. James and Gary's knowledge/help was indispensible to me at the last one.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Paul's already kindly offered to help so I'll have one at least :) I plan on finally joining the rest of the 20th century and getting a version of Office at some point, so I can get AntLog then, and hopefully become familiar with it before the AWS so if nothing else I look like I know what I'm doing. I do also have the manual charts which will be good for on the spot alterations and coming up with basic formats too...just need someone to bring a cube really (I can provide quite accurate scales).

And if anyone's reading this who is going more help is welcome :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'll bring my green cube Joey.

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Joey, just to confirm:

AntLog runs on OpenOffice.org (and probably most derivatives) not Microsoft Office!

OpenOffice.org is open-source and therefore free (as in freedom, but also as in "no money" :) ) You can download it from (unsurprisingly) www.openoffice.org
Gary, Team BeligerAnt