???

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

???

Post by bitternboy »

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting my new robot to work properly. The main problem is after a very short time driving aroun (and looking pretty impressive if I do say so myself) it slows down considerably and pulls to the left very sharply. Funny thing is this is only when it moves forward, the reverse is unaffected. :-?
Any help?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

I know this may sound obvious, but is the battery fully charged? Sometimes a low battery can affect a robot....
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Yeah, Ive just charged it. :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

it might be interference. Are you using 40mhz or 2.4ghz/spektrum, and what is the robot made from?
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Am using 40mhz, 2cell lipo, the chassis is made from 1.5mm alu
Jonathan Atkinson
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Ah, that could be the problem, metal can cause interference. I suggest you should move the arial aroundinside, if it still doesn't work properly, you'll have to make a new chassis from polycarb, which doesn't cause interference. Also, try to keep the reciever as far away from sources of interference like motors and speed controller. I like to set up my ants with the battery separating the reciever and the speed controller. So the battery acts as a sheild against interference.
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I'll give it a go. I'd rather not have to make another chassis, I put my blood, sweat and tears into this one (not literally you'll be glad to know). The reciever is situated next to the sppeed controller. Probably why.
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Nope, still doin it. :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Aluminium can actualy prevent interference for example cover the reciever from the motors.

It would be easier to know what speed controller and motors you are using and the same for receiver.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Battery: Cyclone 2 cell
Drive: 4 Polulu hp 50:1
Reciever: Hitec HFS-05MS
SC: Sabertooth Dual 5A
Chassis: Silicon inforced 1.5mm aluminium
:D
Jonathan Atkinson