DX5e mixing

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

DX5e mixing

Post by Rhys »

Here's an odd one, not a huge problem, but I would like to get to the bottom of it if possible. when I hook my servos up to my receiver and use the old style tank steer (left stick forward-left wheel forward, right stick forward right, wheel forward) my servos work fine.

However, when I turn mixing on, driving with just the one stick, as most of you do, and push forward, the servos only go forward at half the rate.

I can live with it as my ants are usually way too fast for their own good anyway, but it would be a bit of a pain if I were to use it for anything bigger.

Has anyone come across something similar and is there anyway to solve it? I don't hold out much hope as I shouldn't have cheaped out on my radio gear, but the DX6i is just a bit too pricey at the moment.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Rhys, the only similar problem I've had with my DX5e was pretty much the exact opposite of this! When I used it in my feather with the mixer turned off, one motor remained completely stationary whatever stick I moved, whilst the other turned at half the rate. Switched the mixer back on, and both motors were quite happy.
I have a daft solution, but I think I'll flag it up anyway and check, you haven't accidently switched the top right hand switch from hi output to low output have you? lol, I know this is obvious, but I've had that problem before without realising. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, it's on high output. I think it's just a characteristic of the mixer on the DX5e, a few people on RCGroups and and someone on FRA have said they all have the same issue. I'll have to stick with it for the DX5e for the moment, and get the DX6i with its fancy mixing options when I get the cash.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I am not sure that the DX5e is the same as the DX6i but on the 6 you have to set two mixers as follows. Mix the Aile(left/right) with the elev(forw/back) and then the Elev with the Aile see below for menu options.

MIX1
ELEV + AILE ACT
RATE L -100% R -100%
SW ON TRIM ACT

MIX2
AILE + ELEV ACT
RATE D +100% U +100%
SW ON TRIM ACT
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Peter, the DX5 only has one mixer I think.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes you are correct Dave just looked up the manual on line and it only has a single elevon mixer so just ignore my last post unless you have a DX6, DX6i or DX7.