juddering antweight

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Was there a hole through the centre of the plastic that you stripped off? The plastic might have stretched and left the wire shorter than the plastic sheath.

Try that trick where you hold the ariel agan (to make it better) but this time with a plastic bag over your hand. The improvement might be due to induction rather than conduction (possibly).

Have a look at the electronics of the receiver where the other end of the ariel connects to the receiver circuitry. You should see some wire soldered there, and you could replace that if you're feeling desperate. I don't think you'll see plastic soldered on!

Hope that helps

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I have just tried driving the robot again with everything the same as monday evening and it is going mad! It was fine last night!
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I have just driven it again and it is fine! :x .Weird.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Might be a simple loose connection problem. If you're planning to bring it to an event anytime soon, bring it even if its still jittery, chances are someone will be able to sort it out on the day and get it running properly.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ive coem across conductive plastic before ,a nd its not really conductiove plastic at all , its hubdreds of very thin layers of plastic and some grpahite based paste just sandwidched together , try getting some conductive epoxy and cutting a bit of the arial (to expose the "layers" side on) and putting a dop on the top , this will connect all the conductive layers together and hopefully stop the jittering.

never seen condutive plastic in an rx arial though .

if this fails desolder the arieal from the rx board and just solder on a bit of wire , i know it has to be a certain length depending on the frequency of your system , but i dont know how t calculate this .
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

But Alasdair has already said he has a tried another hitec receiver and it still didn't work. That really only leaves the batteries / regulator, the crystals assuming you used the same crystal in the other receiver or the transmitter. Have you checked the output from the regulator as that could be faulty. If you could power the receiver from 4 AA cells just as a test you can eliminate the battery and regulator. Also try a test with another set of crystals if you can get hold of a pair.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yup, I think that basically you have to be methodical and work out a plan of elimination in order to find out what's really going on, rather than just trying things out.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm just trying to help you sort it out.

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

dave26 is right. I can move about 2.75m away without it juddering. I could ask someone at an event.

thanks
I am still trying all everone elses ideas. :D
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

sorry didnt read that bit , are you using the same tx ? it could be the tx at fault , do you live near any overhead power lines (worth a shot ! lol ) . prehaps one of your servos has malfunctioned and is creating huge amounts of noise on your power rail
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Maybe its just meant to judder? :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39