Need help with wiring

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

patdied

Need help with wiring

Post by patdied »

Does anyone know how to wire this set from robot combat:

After you click it go to the very bottom of the page and you'll see a link to the kit. It says "Ultralight Antweight Package!", click it.
http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_ ... assis.html

I know I should of started with a 2 wheel drive not with 4, well now it's too late.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Download the ANT150 speed controller userguide from robotcombat. It shows you exactly how to wire it up.

(You will gain more friends and respect here if you at least do some basic research of your own before posting a question)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
patdied

Post by patdied »

I don't Need any friends! (laugh out loud) I'm just kidding, everyone needs friends. Thanks, I didn't even know there was a manual to download.
patdied

Post by patdied »

How do you wire a battery to a receiver? I plugged the battery in one of the channels and the receiver blew up. Smoke was comming out :( . I don't know how to wire things to a receiver. Could someone tell me how?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

there should be markings on the receiver case that say where the battery plugs in, unless you have already removed the casing, in which case I suggest finding it and making sure which is the correct slot
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

What voltage battery were you using?

Do you have a normal servo to plug into the receiver? If so then the battery plugs into the pins that the red and black wires that the servo uses.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

Nothing was attached to the reciever and my first step was to attach the battery (I think battery should go in last now). I think I made a wrong move for putting the battery in first.

The reciever called "GWS R4PII Pico Receiver." You can find it at http://www.inertia-labs.com/

The battery was 11.1v(someone told me it wasn't suppost to be that high),3cell,400mAh. I got it from inertia-labs, it came with my robot pack. On the reciever, there was a 1,2,3, and 4/B. Isn't 4/B where the battery should be going. There is three pins down from 4/B and all the other ones. So I didn't know where to connect the two wires from the battery. I took a guess(I know I shouldn't guess anymore) and I think I picked the top two in 4/B and "POP". I saw a spark and smoke came out :cry: .

Oh yea, one more thing, the reciever was for my second robot that uses servos, not for the kit at inertia-labs. The servos are perfectly fine, they were used by other people before.

Oh I just found out the top pin is "-" and the mid is "+" and the last is...I'm not very sure what it is, it's a circle with a "U" inside the circle. It was ether the battery was to high and I should of putted it in last or not at all or I might of swiched the positive with the negative.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

11.1 is way too high for a receiver, I 'd guess (I've never gone above 7.4v) and usually use 6 or 5v for a receiver.
Next time try a voltage regulator like http://windisch.co.uk/robots/howto/volt ... ulator.htm

If you look closely at the plastic around the pins you will see some notches that only allow you to plug the servos in one way round. Black is -ve red is +ve and white is signal. You should plug your battery in so that red and black match the servo's red and black. It doesn't matter if you've got a servo plugged in or not, I was just suggesting that so you could be sure you've got the polarity right.

In fact, a receivers +ve and -ve connections are all joined up inside, so it doesn't matter which plug (1 2 3 or 4) you plug the battery into. Only the signal wires are separate, and the servos actually get powered from the battery this way.

I hope that's clear.

Simon
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

In fact, just going back up this topic I see you've got a motor control board, which almost certainly has a battery elimination circuit (BEC) in it, so just wire your battery to the board, and plug the "servo" leads from the board into the receiver and it'll get the right voltage.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

Simon Windisch wrote:11.1 is way too high for a receiver, I 'd guess (I've never gone above 7.4v) and usually use 6 or 5v for a receiver.
Next time try a voltage regulator like http://windisch.co.uk/robots/howto/volt ... ulator.htm

If you look closely at the plastic around the pins you will see some notches that only allow you to plug the servos in one way round. Black is -ve red is +ve and white is signal. You should plug your battery in so that red and black match the servo's red and black. It doesn't matter if you've got a servo plugged in or not, I was just suggesting that so you could be sure you've got the polarity right.

In fact, a receivers +ve and -ve connections are all joined up inside, so it doesn't matter which plug (1 2 3 or 4) you plug the battery into. Only the signal wires are separate, and the servos actually get powered from the battery this way.

I hope that's clear.

Simon
Wow Thanks, that helped a ton!