Questions

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Bouncy_Bot

Questions

Post by Bouncy_Bot »

Hello, I am new to building robots and i have a few questions about the best things to get, and were to get them

1. Were can i get some cheap metal (like aliminuim)?
2. Were can i get prehacker micro servos?
3. Were can i get a cheap mixer?
4. Wear can i buy lightweight, cheap battery packs?

Thanks
Nick, Ambitious Ants

"All you have to do, is go up to somebody's house, ring the bell, and say, 'Trick or Treat!' "
"Are you sure it's legal?"
"Of course it's legal."
"I wouldn't want to be accused of taking part in a rumble."
josh

Post by josh »

1.havnt a clue :P
2.pete c's antshop
3.ebay :P
4.recargeable ni cads stikalite batteries lipo cells i would sugest http://www.indoor.flyer.co.uk/
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

1. I get mine from a shop where you also can get tools, electronics, toys etc. donno what you have in England.
2. as Josh said. But hacking a servo isn't that hard really, it is better that you learn how to hack it by yourself. But we shouldnt make Pete C broke by not buying his servos, or should we :wink:
3. I looked on ebay for a v-tail mixer, but only from the US. But v-tal mixers dosent cost much now days, so I would be looking at either Sussex model centre (even if they can mess it up sometimes) or any other hobby shop.
4. A good choise is lithium polymere, or as we call it, lipos. But as for a beginner you should stick to Nickel cadium (if spelled correct) or Ni-Hm, as if you would missbehave with lithium, it can explode!

a question from me:
Where can I find Futaba 6exa transmitter, and only the transmitter. I found this shop: http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/, but how do I know its a shop to trust on?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!