Arenas

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I confess, I asked Joacim to extract videos of Baby Hell and FIN off the DVD's for my website, and since I can't actually embed them in my site I put them on YouTube. Sorry Pete, I should of asked first :( If you want them taken off I will do
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Oh sorry Pete. I can put those down if you want me to. But I think the "AWS21 Greatest hits" is still good.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
petec

Post by petec »

I know you both well enough to know there was no mal-intention - but if its possible, can you include the website address somewhere?

I think I might watermark future DVDs which will help....thanks for the apologies though.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I put a thank-you to you on my website but I will add the website address to
Dan

advice

Post by Dan »

hi im plannin on making an arena with an automatic flipper with a motion detector. could someone tell me how you would wire it up so the servo activated when the detector detected movement?

thanks
Dan
(team antattack)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

You could build a contact plate that acted as a switch for a motor attached to the flipper, or use IR, but you'd need to buy a kit, or know about electronics for that, or just have it manually operated, like most heavyweight arenas do.

Good luck with it.

Simon
Dan

Post by Dan »

hi guys i couldn't get a pic of my arena so i will put a description on the forum.

The arena will be 30? square and the robots will have 20? to fight on. The other 10? will be used by a pit and flipper (both 5? square). The flipper will be automatic and will be activated by a pressure pad. The pit will be bottomless except for a wire grill with red, orange and yellow crepe paper taped to it. A fan will be underneath blowing the paper up to simulate fire. There will be no walls.
In the future I will consider making sides that drop after a set amount of time (maybe 30 seconds). This will work by the walls being a topless box (just bigger than the arena and with the arena inside) and some sort of mechanism underneath the arena so when activated, the arena itself moves up until the walls are on the lip of the it, then the arena can comply with the 50% drop off rule. I will also consider attaching a small set of lights (for a mini light show) to the top of the polycarbonate box surrounding the arena during combat.

can you guys please give comments and say how i could make any improvements?

cheers
Dan
Team Antattack
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I just saw your reference to this post when I was posting about my new arena. I can't quite understand the layout from your description can you put up a digram to help explain it but it does sound as though you are trying to make the arena a bit more interesting. I am not sure how easy it would be to lift the whole area up without some fairly complex mechanics.
Dan

Post by Dan »

yeah at the moment m tryin to put them up on a pic website u can get for free will keep you posted on that
Dan

Post by Dan »

how do u guys put pics on the forum i've seen others like Adam Hargreaves robot how did he do it?