Pneumatics in ants

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

If you can get it going, I'd like to see pics. For me, the best axe there has been on an ant was Ant Lion's (dunno who made it) with its little motor. Slightly more controlable than Headache's one.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
american roboteer

Post by american roboteer »

currently it only moves less than a quarter turn

i want the ax to rotate 180 degrees anyone have a diagram to show how
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Look at Dominator 2 and Kat 3. They use the same mechanism
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Lincoln

End of the line...

Post by Lincoln »

I've just noticed that Inertia Labs (http://www.inertia-labs.com) are discontinuing their antweight pneumatics - thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention. If, like me, you've got some pneumatics stuff you might want to stock up on spares. From the limited range on their site at present it looks like they have already run out of some items.

If anyone knows of alternative sources of electically controlled VALVES, the right size to use for this type of application please post. (Tanks and Actuators have always been available from Technobots but they don't do an electically driven valve).

Christopher
american roboteer

Post by american roboteer »

some people as an alternative have used the mouse series of valves from clippard.
They dont have particularly alot of flow and also need an rc switch to control with a standard reciever.

they are worth a look at www.clippard.com/store/byo_electronic[/url]
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

If bringing up this topic again is wrong then I apologise, but I saw the topic name and I thought that it would be better to re-use an old topic that had something to do with my question than to create another topic.

Iwas wondering , is there a model shop in the UK with a website that sells robart products. They say on the website that they can be bought from the ripmax website, but none of their branch stores sell any of them. I wonder if you know any better than I do?
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie