Seeing ants at an event - Other
5%
Other
24%

Total votes: 42

olivers

How did you get Into Antweights?

Post by olivers »

This is a poll to see how people got into Antweights. This is mainly to see what would be a good way to get more members.

If you fall under other, put down how you got into ants.

Addition:

Forgot Extreme+Real Robots. If this is the case then stick down other and write this down.
Last edited by olivers on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I saw extreme but that didn't convince me

it was the artical in the real robots magazine about how to build an antweight. Then that was that.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

as all kids when they see robots on tv, they think "I want to build one too!"..........well, for me its almost the same now :)

After several times trying to build a hw as in the television, I gave up. But when I started using internet (I hate dail-up) I found ants. Ants that you irretates with putting sticks in theyre hill? No, I found something even more interesting :)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
paul

Post by paul »

in the same as andrew. i got into it through real robots magazine however i have always been interested into robots since i firest saw robotwars.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I did see them initially on extreme, bit didn't really think much. Then looking around the net for info on building heavies, I spotted some ant sites. I came across Gary's site for RONNY, and thought "These look cool!" Then I joined this forum, and the rest as they say, is history.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

I saw the Real Robots very first article on antweights which pointed me to this site (well actually robotwars101.com but meh :)) and I was quite interested and decided to have a go.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Watched RW and thought, "That looks fun but I don't have the time/money/workshop facilities". Then saw the ants at Modelworld 2002 and I had found something that was affordable and achieveable with my modest tools/skills!

Horrified to find that my site has been responsible for at least one new ant-builder! :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I also found out through ants through Real Robots. I remember seeing them in Extreme and thinking they looked pretty cool, but I didn't think anymore about it at the time. I saw the article in Real Robots, came to RW101, and spent the next couple of weeks just reading through the archives and various peoples websites etc.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

Robotwars magazine.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

If I could weld, and was five thousand ponds richer, and had an easy route from the shed to the car without having to go through the house, I would have built a heavyweight.

As none of these things are the case I build antweights instead.