Pre modded servo boards for escs?

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

LimaHotel

Re: Pre modded servo boards for escs?

Post by LimaHotel »

I second Peter - thanks for the info! I have 10 of the green Domon boards (phew!) and I look forwards to playing with them!
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
Anty-social

Post by Anty-social »

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question but where do you put the battery connector? I assume I connect it to the rx when using servo boards but I am unsure about where.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

battery into the receiver... if your receiver supports direct 2s then it will plug straight into the rx with no issues... if it don't support direct 2s then you would need a bec (battery eliminator circuit) to bring the voltage down to 5-6v

the placement depends on your rx type... for mine (flysky) i can plug into any of the channels and it will happily take power... just make sure you get the polarity right and also make sure you don't accidentally plug battery into the signal pin as this rarely ends well
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Anty-social

Post by Anty-social »

Is the signal pin the top, centre or bottom one? I don't really want to blow up any more receivers after a couple of early mistakes.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

signal pin is usually the innermost pin (closest to the pcb) but this depends on which receiver you are using...

the order it goes is yellow/white signal wire red positive and brown/black negative

so the red wire from your battery will always be on the centre pin...

if you can tell us what receiver you are using, we can give you a definite answer on which pin is which

Luke
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Anty-social

Post by Anty-social »

I'm using a Redcon 2204. With your advice (thank you!) , I have got power to it. However, for some reason it doesn't want to bind. I have tried it on 3 other identical receivers and the results are the same. I will put the pic here.Image
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a receiver fault? I am 99% sure that I am using the bind pins. The light remains solid and does not flash at all when a bind plug is attached.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

i think black is in signal...
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

in the orientation it is in the pic, the first set of pins is for binding... the bottom row is where you want the black from the battery to go... where black currently is, is the signal...
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Anty-social

Post by Anty-social »

Oops my mistake, I just misunderstood. However no damage was done and I have now set it to bind mode. Thank you so much for all your help! :D
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

not a problem... for people that are happy to smash other peoples hard work into tiny pieces inside an arena, outside we are all friendly and helpful... weird huh?
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)