AWS rule polls 2019

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

GeorgeR

Re: AWS rule polls 2019

Post by GeorgeR »

I'm pretty sure that the issues regarding walkers etc will be addressed in future rule votes. These are just the first lot of changes, with more to come later.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

There’s a lot of rules we want to change, the first lot is really a vote on “do we change it”, the wording for some rules will be voted on later. The first lot were the ones the committee voted in unanimously, but we want it to be a democratic vote, hence it’s open to you guys.

We will get wordings sorted out for the more complicated rule changes, and vote in those. Any loopholes people come up with will be amended etc, so you can pick options.
haz

Post by haz »

For once in my life I can happily say I voted for something.

I honestly had no idea lipo bags weren't mandatory already, shows how out of touch I am! Looking at all the results there's nothing particularly polarising, democracy seems to work when everyone thinks the same!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hi all :)
So, the first set of polls came to a conclusion as you may have heard at the AWS. All the rule changes are in RED in this document:
https://nutsandbots.co.uk/aws-rules-update-v5/
If there is any amendments you suggest for the rules, please put them here and we (the committee) will adjust them. The time limit
For this is 2 weeks from today (18th)

Next set of rules will be set up in a poll shortly.
James Williams

Post by James Williams »

Hi, a question regarding rule 4b);

4b) A robot that falls off the arena and touches the bottom of the drop off has lost. If no contact was made with the bottom of the pit then the fight may continue.

What happens if one robot pushes another off the arena, goes off itself & either a) the aggressor touches the floor first, or b) the other robot somehow lands on top of the aggressor & doesn't touch the bottom at all. This happened at AWS57 & I feel we ought to sort this out now before any disagreements take place at events.
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Really good update. Very democratic modification of the rules and very sensible changes. Well done fellas!
Personally, I agree with everything you have added or changed :)

For the pit thing, perhaps adding, If there is a discrepancy around a pit-elimination. Final say will be given to the judge / event organizer, with favor being shown to the aggressor bot.
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

All looks good to me.

Probably a good call to write down the rule regarding the aggressor winning in the event of both bots entering the pit together.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker