Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion - Build Log

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ByteSlinger

Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion - Build Log

Post by ByteSlinger »

Hi Everyone,

'Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion' is my first robot project I've taken on but I'm experiencing some frustrating teething problems.
I finally received all my components from various locations, got it all soldered together and it worked great! Well, as great as it can work without a frame, that will come next.

However, after just a minute of testing, I had a pop, then a puff of smoke, and my PDB / Motor Controller board was gone.

I've attached a few photos of the setup. I really want to get it back up and running so I can finish it off, but my worry is, if I just replace the PDB the same thing will just happen again. Can anyone suggest what may have happened?

You can see in the first photo the top right where it blew. I'm presuming this is the motor controller for one of my two motors.

Image Image Image Image

My parts list is as follows: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all
Last edited by ByteSlinger on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
voorsk

Re: Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion - Build Log (Help needed)

Post by voorsk »

the wiring looks okay, so you've probably been hit by the dasmikro curse - some of them tend to self combust after a minute or so.

moan to banggood, and they should refund the cost. they don't all pop - it's just luck of the draw, it seems. :-?
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
ByteSlinger

Re: Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion - Build Log (Help needed)

Post by ByteSlinger »

Ah great to know it's hopefully not something I've done! Thanks for the advice, I'll get in touch with banggood and get another one ordered!
sgtbeardy

Re: Flip Shape and Bristol Fashion - Build Log

Post by sgtbeardy »

Yeah, DasMikro are really really good at catching fire. I've sent 5 back now I think.
Team Beardy Bots: Last Minute, Set Myself on Firestorm, Almost Certainly Balanced, Yin and Yang.