ESC for wepon and drive Help

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

marlton67

ESC for wepon and drive Help

Post by marlton67 »

Hi Guys
Would like to pick your brains I have built a very basic Rammer and use cheep ESC (off EBay £3.99 x 2, Lemon Rx and 2 x motors) no problems, have got it working with the help of others on this forum Thanks( Bobhill452 & T_Y ).
So my question:
What ESC's are about that can run both drive and a wepon Trying to reduce size & weight
I know of :

Nano 2 (Very hard to get)
DasMikro 2S6A £25 +

are there any others budget controlers out there or do I just use trial and error?

Thanks in advance Regards Ian
T_Y

Re: ESC for wepon and drive Help

Post by T_Y »

What kind of weapon system are you thinking of running? If it's a servo-based weapon, then you can just plug the 3 lead connector from the servo straight into your receiver (make sure it's oriented the right way!). The receiver will power and control the servo.

As for something requiring an ESC, I haven't had any luck finding anything that lets you control both drive and weapon in one package. In my built bot I'm running three separate ESCs, one for each drive and one for weapon- it's heavy and space-taking! From suggestion from other users, I'm trying my hand at getting an Arduino Pro Mini setup which should hopefully control drive and weapon. If all goes well, it should be a setup that will cost around £12.
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two