Mark's Antweight build

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

MarkR

Re: Mark's Antweight build

Post by MarkR » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Getting a little bit fraught now...

I plan to get to the AWS55 on Saturday.

My robot was operating ok several weeks ago, then had a major problem which fried several key components. After replacements were ordered and the whole thing rewired (finally) - I had it driving again only *last night*.

The flipperweapon will be very powerful if I can get it working. The only problem is it might destroy itself on the first test-fire. So now I have only two evenings (less really, I have a lot of personal committments) - to get it assembled and working. Also the software needs some tweaks.

It's a terrible design and badly made. But it was a fun experiment :)
Robot: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 am

I suppose it needs to be in one piece.

But ok, hardware is basically working and it is drivable. The flipper flips and the control is sort-of ok.

So almost good to go.
Attachments
betsie-bits00.jpg
betsie-bits00.jpg (179.86 KiB) Viewed 343 times
Robot: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?

Derek Dudge

Post by Derek Dudge » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi again! Martin here fron next to you in the pits yesterday. I enjoyed seeing your robot, such a different approach to most and even though I don't know a great deal about the tech you have in there I found it interesting. My robots are dumb bricks compared to Betsie lol.
My robots:

Third Law (antweight) - push/ram bot
Manticore (antweight) - hammer bot

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Yes well it basically confirmed my suspicions that brains does not always win over brawn.

Also very interesting seeing your robots, the (relatively) simple but well-made pusher (Third Law) got much further than the hex-nut of death (Manticore).

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 am

Here is Betsie at AWS55 in June 2018:

Here is Betsie today (12/10/2018) after some modifications. Same basic design, but should now be much more competitive. Ready for tomorrow (?)

Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Looks awesome! Glad you got it finished and into combat in the end. I fried one of my micro controllers and gave up on it hehe.