New member, new antweight robot build diary, Unknown Name (currently)

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

techie

New member, new antweight robot build diary, Unknown Name (currently)

Post by techie »

Hi all,

Long time robot wars fan, always been interested in robots/mechanics/electronics. So end of last year, I bought a 3D printer (CTC i3), and have started to build the dream!

First, I just wanted to build something roughly the right size, that moved. To me, that would be a major goal, to design it, print it, design the electronics and make it work. So, here is my first robot!:

Parts used:
LemonRX
AWESC (Team ARC)
50:1 micro motors

In that photo, it had a 450mAh battery, so with smaller capacity theres plenty of weight to play with.

So, my next step is a flipper. I ordered a servo, connected it up and it works. Due to only having a cheap semi-DIY printer and having a busy work schedule, I've not had a chance to print a flipper shell, however that is currently happening tonight overnight! So keep your eyes peeled for this next advancement, I'm going to try and keep this thread updated with my progress, and hopefully it won't be too much longer until I meet some of you at an event!
Paulmchurd

Re: New member, new antweight robot build diary, Unknown Name (currently)

Post by Paulmchurd »

Do you have a link for the 3D printer?

Printed your flipper shell?
techie

Post by techie »

Paulmchurd wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:42 pm Do you have a link for the 3D printer?

Printed your flipper shell?
Heres a link for the printer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-NEW-3D- ... Sw4vFZ-Saq
I'd only recommend it if you're happy fiddling with it and adjusting it, and order spare parts for it! But once you get it right, it's a great printer for the price.

Finally got round to making the flipper shell. Next is to neaten up the wiring and redesign the shell do that everything actually fits properly!

Ant Ipodean

Post by Ant Ipodean »

I'm curious about your wheels and tyres.
Are they custom made?
What is the tyre material?
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

i think i know that one - they're moon buggy wheels from pimoroni. i bought some myself. :)

dunno what they're made from, but the tyres are very tacky. thin, too, so a spinner would shred them easily. the wheels are made from 4 parts.. 2 cog-like 45mm wheels, with square inner parts

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/moon ... heels-pair
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
techie

Post by techie »

Voorsk is indeed correct, they are the Pimoroni ones. I did 3D print my own wheel but didnt have anything to put round them to help with grip, so I thought I'd use these wheels to start with until I find a better solution. The main thing was to get something working, and now it is moving, its time to refine the design etc.