Selecting starting kits for Antweight competition at work

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Zanquis

Selecting starting kits for Antweight competition at work

Post by Zanquis »

First let me introduce myself a little.

My name is Alex and for my work I program industrial robots for.
My company does not make robots but we do manufacor everything around it, including grippers, tracks and tools.
We are located in the Netherlands.

I am interested in robots since long before I got this job

Currently with my work I am looking into 2 things:
- Building a heavyweight robot as a group and actually enter competitions
- Buiding antweights mostly for a team building/competition in the company.

The idea is to get started with antweights to get people a bit excited, warmed up for it and scouting out the good idea's (allthough offcourse we know not all idea's translate well with scale)

We basically have all the machines and raw materials and people on various skills of machining, engineering and electronics and this could be a nice project to make them work together on something small and stimulate out of the box thinking a bit.

As I said I think we have lots of skills and tools available, what we want to do is give each "team" a equal starting kit that is easy and flexible to use.

So my question is: what is in peoples experience a good solid and affordable kit that can be used for this?

It needs to be affordable cause if we order it, we might order more than just one.

If it already allows for an active weapon to be used (which we will certainly stimulate at work) that would be great.
Paulmchurd

Re: Selecting starting kits for Antweight competition at work

Post by Paulmchurd »

Hello,

From my research I couldn't find any suitable starter kits. You can buy premade robots from a couple of differnt sites. I'll post the 1 I did find later when I get home.

If you are wanting to build the robot completely you will have to buy all the individual parts and leave them to figure out how to assemble it all.

I made a post earlier about a similar project but with school children instead. I have made the starter kits myself which cost about £50 each.

Hope this helps
Paul