I have returned.

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

I have returned.

Post by Hogi »

Hi everyone. Sorry I wasn't able to make AWS 52 but I had to sit it out as I've recently had to have surgery on my left eye to prevent the deterioration of a degenerative condition. I'm back now though as I'm pretty sure my sight is now good enough to start building again. Unfortunately, it now seems unlikely that we'll be able to do our November event this year due to an extension being built at the venue. on the plus side, that should mean we'll have a bit more space there in years to come.

does anyone have any idea if, when and where AWS 53 will be yet?

Kind regards, Dan Jackson.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Re: I have returned.

Post by AntRoboteer »

Really pleased to have you back Dan! :D
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Thanks very much. Its good to be back. :-)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Glad to hear you are still into Antweights Dan and I hope the eye is soon sorted.
I was worried I might have to train up a new driver for Alsoran. :roll:
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Nah dont worry Peter, i'll be back. :-)

Right, now down to business....

I should be getting a proper workbench for my birthday and hopefully i'll be ordering some new tools soon which should result in slightly better build quality for the new team which can only be a good thing. My team should consist of a four wheel drive pusher, another axe bot, a two wheel drive pusher and a walker.

Im starting with the walker first and I think the aim of that robot will be to be a non spinner walker that is capable of at least holding its own in a couple of fights. Should be an interesting challenge.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi again everyone. I am looking to possibly build a new spinner for my antweight team or possibly even a couple of spinners as ive yet to come up with a decent design for the walker. I still have the brushless ESC from cut up but the disc and the motor are both broken. Could anyone tell me how you generally go about having blades cut? The old one was given to me by haz. Thanks.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Hogi wrote:Hi again everyone. I am looking to possibly build a new spinner for my antweight team or possibly even a couple of spinners as ive yet to come up with a decent design for the walker. I still have the brushless ESC from cut up but the disc and the motor are both broken. Could anyone tell me how you generally go about having blades cut? The old one was given to me by haz. Thanks.
I design my blades in e-machineshop as it's a nice 2d CAD program with more importantly a centre of mass calculator for doing single tooth designs. Once done I email k-cut to get it cut (normally I supply the material).

For a motor you can't go far wrong with the redcon 2204 motor.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Cool, thanks Shakey. How much does it usually cost to get them cut?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Hogi wrote:Cool, thanks Shakey. How much does it usually cost to get them cut?
I think it cost around £40 last time I did getting about ~10 or so discs cut but it went in with a load of other stuff so I don't know if that was getting a bit of a 'bulk' price.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi everyone, another question from me im afraid. Im looking at ways to do an actual proper crusher as oppose to just a grabber as is normally done in antweights. My question is, how could I go about creating and installing a pneumatic system to a robot? What parts would I need and could anyone recommend any good ones?

Failing a pneumatic robot, one of my other ideas is to use a beetleweight drive motor to run an antweight weapon. I wonder, would this give me any crushing/axing power?

I do intend for this to be a walker project. I still have the 3D printed mechanisms that shakey did for me and I'll probably use those for the other walker in my team. Im looking into ways of producing my own home made walker mechanisms, I should have some results to yield on that front fairly soon.

The end goal is to enter a team comprised of two walkers and two "proper clusterbots" I.e: not either two fleas together or a slightly underweight ant with a nano.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights