GeorgeR's robots

All things antweight

Moderators: administrator, BeligerAnt, petec

MarkR

Re: GeorgeR's robots

Post by MarkR » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Great stuff, the weight saving is modest but it sounds like they'll work just fine.

Thanks for the write-up.

Mark
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm

You're very welcome. The weight saving may not sound like a lot, but used correctly it can make a big difference.
For instance, my first candidate for these is Vampire, saving 2.8g. I'm planning to use this extra weight to lengthen the bar, moving from its current 13cm, 17g weapon to a 15cm 20g one. The increased reach will make it harder for opponents to hit me without getting hit first, and the extra length and weight increases the energy by over 50% - undeniably a major upgrade.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Nothing - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Vampire - horizontal spinner - - RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Those N10s look like they'll be very useful, considering the smaller size
Thomas

Ants:
Percussive Maintenance 2: Tech Support Boogaloo
Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again?
It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!
Working As Intended
Error 404 - Robot Name Not Found

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:40 am

GeorgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm
You're very welcome. The weight saving may not sound like a lot, but used correctly it can make a big difference.
For instance, my first candidate for these is Vampire, saving 2.8g. I'm planning to use this extra weight to lengthen the bar, moving from its current 13cm, 17g weapon to a 15cm 20g one. The increased reach will make it harder for opponents to hit me without getting hit first, and the extra length and weight increases the energy by over 50% - undeniably a major upgrade.
Please, George, think of the other competitors. Vampire is already one of the most destructive bots and has wrecked several others lately.

Can't you just replace it with a feather duster tickling stick or something?
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Vampire's not so bad, bolt on some half decent armour and you'll beat it easily.

That said, I'm sure you might be pleased to hear that my next ant is going to have no active weapons of any kind, not even a feather duster!
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Nothing - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Vampire - horizontal spinner - - RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker