New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

patdied

Post by patdied »

Cool robots Craig_Anto3.

Does anyone have anyidea why the motors on my robot, Atomic Bomb, randomly moves by its self. I checked everything and everything seems ok. At first I though some of the wires were touching the metal chassis so I put tape everywhere in the chassis but it still happens. I also checked if any of the wires were touching each other but they weren't. Everytime I make the servo move the motors sometimes randomly moves. Sometimes even if I don't do anything at all it moves. It never happens to my two wheel drive robot Bot Rocket.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I am not a hundred percent sure of what you mean. That the servos move by them self?
The way to get round these problems is test each peice of equipment. Try a different rx with a different Tx and see if it still happens. By testing out things indervidually u can isolate the problem. Might be some kind of interferience which might come from either the tx side or the rx side.
Hope that helps
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I think that patdied is referring to his robots with four motor controller wheels and one servo, probably plugged into channel 3. It sounds like when he activated the servo, the wheels move.

I would suggest check the tracking of the wheels is zero, if it's not too bad then don't worry about it.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

That's exactly what I ment, thanks Simon.

This doesn't happen when I don't plug the servo in. It reads perfectly fine. But once I put the servo in again it goes crazy.

The tracking of the motors at zero?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It's a tricky one patdied.

How much movement do you get from the wheels, is it a judder, or is the robot actually driving itself about?

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

The robot actually drives itself for about 1-10 seconds but usually I would of turned off the switch if it takes long.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Well, I'll leave it to the electronics experts to give a proper answer, but it sounds as if the servo is somehow confusing the receiver into giving false signals.

Do you have enough spare parts to
1. replace the servo with another... does this still happen
2. replace the receiver with another... ditto?

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

Ok, I'll try that out. Thanks Simon and Marco.
patdied

Post by patdied »

I tried that and it still does the same thing.I tried using different remote controls, same thing again. I'm going to try switching the speed controller and if it still happens I'm going to take Atomic bomb all apart and rebuild it, I have a feeling some of the wire are touching.

Thanks again
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

Hi

First message Whooooo! :lol:

Since this is about the new ants I might tell you about the new ant I am making

Name: Perminant (Pain is meerly a feeling, unless its perminant)
Weight: 150 grams
Dimentions: 4"/4"/1"
Speed: ?
Power Source: Thunder Power Li-poly 7.2V 480 mAh
Drive: 2 Sanyo 50:1 motors & 2 Scorpion mini ESCs
Weapon: Outrunner powered titanium drum
Armour: Polycarbonet chassis & body, Titanium sides & carbon fiber lid