New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have just completed a new ANT using my option 3 fully intergrated board which includes the Receiver, Motor controllers and Motors. This has enabled me to finally come up with a modular design which has interchangeable weapons. So far I have a spinner and lifter module but more may follow. See Below.
josh

Post by josh »

wow those look great ! :D
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
ewan

Post by ewan »

They certainly do!

I want one! lol
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Awesome 8)
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Looks awesome as ever Mr W!

R.O.N.N.Y. will finally make its comeback at AWS21 :o
At last the kevlar and Ti shell has worked and it seems pretty robust.
The HS81-MG flipper is now running on 7.4V, but the drive is still Saturn S62's on 5V.
It was going to be FastComponents motor-gearboxes and Scorpion Mini controllers, but a weight calculation cock-up meant it was 20g over-weight!
Still got to finish cutting holes in the body and fitting it all together, but there's still 2 evenings to go...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

We might wanna scratch what Scott said on the Market research thread, the board being just "add 2 wheels and bolt a sheet of polycarb on it and have a simple robot" :P
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Well, Peter's not really going to market it, but if he was, he might as well add those two wheels, and some simple armour :-?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Seeing how a one piece metal cover on a full body spinner has proved acceptable at a couple of WS events I have decided to revisit my FBS design. This time it will have to be a walker to get the extra weight limit so it could end up as son of MBY or grandson of Pixiedust. It all started when I was shopping with my wife and spotted a set of stainless steel kitchen containers the middle one of which had a 95mm diameter lid that was crying out to be a robot.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, ditto, I saw an aluminium ashtray that was just beggin to be a FBS. Antweights have ruined the way I look at the world.
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

one thing i found out the hard way, a full one piece metal cover really f*cks up your range. with MBY i'll be glad with more than 2 meters, while DBA still drives happily around at 10+ meters