New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I have 2 spinners. One was a disc i made myself, and the other is one I bought. The one I bought was about a tenner, weighs 30g(ish), 1.5mm thick, 85mm diameter, and generally pretty scary.

My own disc was a pain in the ass to make, but didn't cost much, and you design it exactly as you like.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I'll keep it in mind that homemade saws are a pain in the <beep!> to make.

Nick
NAC Robots

http://www.cpax.org.uk/~nick/nemesis/index.html The Nemesis Website.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Well well well. Chris got the first functional prototype working yesterday, with all the components taped onto a card base. I believe Chris was to be taking photos as well yesterday so he might show some off. All we need to do now is find, or build, a saw and house the finished robot in a polycarbonate shell.

Nick
NAC Robots

http://www.cpax.org.uk/~nick/nemesis/index.html The Nemesis Website.
Chris

Post by Chris »

In our efforts to save a bit of money, can anyone tell us if, with limited experience we could build a ESC on Bread board?
NAC robotics

olivers

Post by olivers »

It depends on whether you are making a brushless speed controller or normal brushed motor speed controller.

The brushed speed controllers are fairly cheap from normal RC shops and the spice of components would be about the same.

For brushless I found ebay has some good shops in Hong Kong. With postage they are still cheaper than component prices in the UK.

I looked at making my own but in the end gave up and brought the whole speed controller.
josh

Post by josh »

chris, if u want a brushed speed controller then i have 2 5 amp 1s and a 2 amp 1 which i am willing to sell as i have no use for them willl sell for a 5er (includes postage)
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well you've seen the pictures already but I'd thought i'd introduce myself anyway.

I am Leo van Miert, and have active in robot combat since mid 2000. I have several heavyweights, one Featherweight, and i bought an antweight from Cavecrusher. It is called Katjuscha (after the Stalin organ) because of its noise.

Hope to see you all at AWS 21.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
ewan

Post by ewan »

Hey guys,

I've just decided to have a shot at an ant, hopefully for the upcoming AWS21.

Should be a simple lifter if I can get something done in time.

Having been in with the featherweights for so long I'm much behind the times with antweights! Any advice is much appreciated!
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Welcome Ewan!

I dont know if you already got the stuff you need, but the quickest way to get your hands on modified servos, is from Robot wars 101 shop
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
ewan

Post by ewan »

Hi Jociam,

Thanks for the link, I've checked though there, but I'm scouting for the best my budget can buy :D

I've had a load of great advice from Scott about servos and the like. I should be running four speed modded picos for drive if I get my way, but still have yet to come up with the final details.

I've got a deluge of homework to sift through this weekend though so I don't think I'll have a great deal of time to develop designs atm.

All these teenie tiny components are quite daunting having been playing with featherweights for a few years :D