Occashokka's 3rd attempt at a proper build log

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

Re: Occashokka's 3rd attempt at a proper build log

Post by Occashokka »

Post AWS:

£4.82 + VAT:

Plagued with motor issues and lacked torque but got under everything and won a few and show much potential.

Health and safety hazard:
It lost twice and had 1 big hit that was great but that's about it, complete rebuild with a new disc inbound, picture why wait but messier and worse but with a bigger blade

RIP Buffy

Blade buckled, steel support twisted motor mount snapped motor bent, the rest will be salvaged for a new sorta secret bot that is only a Rough plan atm
http://m.imgur.com/uvgjBxG
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

Oops! Nice excuse for an upgrade!
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Was a wanhao i3 what you meant by upgrade, Thats right this is no longer the build thread for £4.82 + VAT but that for £317 + filament the natural progression,it will have at least 2 probably more frontal variations.
my intentions for my revamped team arent going to be the same as usual, because I have so long until my next event and I cant do july 1st, printing is quick and I have ages so these 3 are all going to be original and inventive ish (I try) as well as interchangeable and easy to fix at the event; my rough 3 are:

·Bigger Buffer-its buffy but different design, the only recognizable buffy part is the blade height and motor positioning, this one scares me a little bit after seeing the titanium bar

·Unnamed modular thing with a variety of servo things and pushers, neither me nor you reading this have a clue what you will get to come up against with this but its certainly gonna be fun

·The previously mentioned £317+filament, this one staying true to the £4.82 chassis with some minor improvements and modularity
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P