ESC and Micro Motor Question

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bigsi111

ESC and Micro Motor Question

Post by bigsi111 »

Hi Everyone

Despite having one of Rory's brilliant t kits I'm also trying to figure things out for myself and have hit a snag.

I have a brushed micro motor and brushed ESC with a brake through a Lemon RX I've bound to a Blade Heli Controller Spektrum MLP4DSM DSMX.

My problem is that if I want to reverse the direction of the motor I have to press down on the TX stick and then angle the stick into the opposite corner. Is this because I've gone with a ESC with a brake or another reason? I've tried to change settings on the TX to no avail.

All help much appreciated!

Shakey

Re: ESC and Micro Motor Question

Post by Shakey »

That is indeed the 'brake' on the ESC.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

Shakey wrote:That is indeed the 'brake' on the ESC.
Thanks. I love trial and error. Off to buy some new ESC without brakes!!!

Once I'm done doing all this, I will write am idiots guide - should be easy given I'm a ... ;-)
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

Okay, I've now got duel ESC's working with a programmable break, but because I haven't got a mixer I'm have to use the right and left sticks.

Here's a a few photos of what I've done. Now in no way am I recommending this route. With the kit Rory has you can do this so much better, lighter and smaller for roughly the same cost, but I'm going to transfer this kit into our first bot, Die Sexy which will then be all our own work, which kinda feels like an achievement. Rory's kit will then be used in our new creation, Live Sexy...

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

For some perverse reason it amuses me that you have a power switch as well as each ESC having its own little power switch. My robots go the other way and have no switches at all...I like systems like this though, I think as good as Rory's kits are (and I'm going to be getting more soon!), it's not good for there to be a monopoly on antweight electronics, and I try to use a variety of different setups :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

joey_picus wrote:For some perverse reason it amuses me that you have a power switch as well as each ESC having its own little power switch. My robots go the other way and have no switches at all...I like systems like this though, I think as good as Rory's kits are (and I'm going to be getting more soon!), it's not good for there to be a monopoly on antweight electronics, and I try to use a variety of different setups :)

The switches on the ESCs are brake switches, I'm going to shrink down the wiring, tidy everything up
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

What are those ESCs, if you don't mind me asking?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

EpicentrE wrote:What are those ESCs, if you don't mind me asking?
These are the ones, I have others ordered which I hope will be smaller and will report on this thread when they arrive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191904374955? ... EBIDX%3AIT