Cereal Killer

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Danieljr1

Cereal Killer

Post by Danieljr1 »

Hey,

So it's taken over a year to get my second AW to the state it's in below and I'm a little stuck on how to create the flipper arm which would hinge on the vertical holes at the back of the chassis. Obvious options are to 3d print something, cut and glue components out of the GRP panel that the chassis is made out of or possibly fold something out of 2mm polycarb so any advice on that would be most welcome! I'm leaning towards the folded polycarb option as it would be more repeatable.
IMG_20160523_164306.jpg
IMG_20160523_164306.jpg (119.98 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
IMG_20160523_164256.jpg
IMG_20160523_164256.jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
You might be wondering why its called Cereal Killer..... my idea is to attach a folded cereal box piece soaked in thin CA glue to the flipper arm to both act as it's armour and flipper. Cheap and simple armour that can easily be replaced!

Cheers

Dan
joey_picus

Re: Cereal Killer

Post by joey_picus »

If you have the weight for the 2mm polycarb, I'd go with that; I don't think a glued fibreglass construction would hold against a spinner unless it was also mechanically fastened in some way (and even then). 3D printing would be good but it depends entirely on what access you have to a printer! The only other alternative I can think of (outside of hybrids like a 3D printed arm with polycarbonate flipper plate) is a folded metal construction, if you can get hold of some titanium or spring steel that would be quite durable.

It looks quite well constructed :) but that battery looks quite big, at least from that camera angle; what capacity/cell count is it?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Danieljr1

Post by Danieljr1 »

Its just a 180mah 2s lipo from hobbyking, nothing special. TGY-306G servo in there too which I'm pretty pleased with.

I reckon I'll go with the 2mm polycarb. Again it's easily repeatable and dirt cheap to replace if one gets damaged. Quite intrigued to see how the cardboard and CA glue 'composite' armour works out!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Aaaah, it'll just be the angles making it look big then. I can't really see the cardboard armour standing up to very much, to be honest, but it's worth a try and it'll keep all the wires inside if nothing else!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Danieljr1

Post by Danieljr1 »

Just wondering, has anybody tried the DasMikro 5ch receiver with a nanotwo ESC?
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Yes I have, no it doesn't work with the standard firmware on the ESC, but I've written a custom firmware to make them work with the DasMikro RXs
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Danieljr1

Post by Danieljr1 »

Are you able to reflash escs? I'm sketching something up which may require rather compact packaging.