Antweight robot max 1,5 cm height

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

glant

Re: Antweight robot max 1,5 cm height

Post by glant »

Shakey wrote:Do you have a camera for use with the robot ?
I don't have the micro camera yet, but I have a standard 2,4 ghz video receiver.

It should be ideal (if possible) to use a non wireless camera and use the same 2,4 ghz radio device to transmit both video and rc control commands.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I've used an E-Flite EFC-721 camera to record footage from robot battles before (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFmfHjnstgM) and I think you should be able to reduce the thickness of that down to 15mm by removing some of the plastic should you need to. I don't know if you can do live video with it, though, and you'd need to bring your own LEDs, but it might end up being suitable in a pinch (and it's fairly reasonably priced compared to FPV setups). Apologies I can't help more - I'm interested to know what you come up with though!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Max

Post by Max »

I've sent you a pm
glant

Post by glant »

I want to clarify that obviously I don't want to pay only the raw material, but even the builders time.
glant

Post by glant »

joey_picus wrote:I've used an E-Flite EFC-721 camera to record footage from robot battles before (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFmfHjnstgM) and I think you should be able to reduce the thickness of that down to 15mm by removing some of the plastic should you need to. I don't know if you can do live video with it, though, and you'd need to bring your own LEDs, but it might end up being suitable in a pinch (and it's fairly reasonably priced compared to FPV setups). Apologies I can't help more - I'm interested to know what you come up with though!
I'm looking for something ready to use and with all the described "accessories".
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

What exactly is this robot for?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
glant

Post by glant »

Remote-Controlled Dave wrote:What exactly is this robot for?
Like said in detail in previous posts, this is for building inspection, where a rigid endoscope probe like this one is not suitable for the task.

I'll show more details and some photos of the place to inspect to people who can realize what I need.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Hi there.

You mentioned walls, so are we talking about moving vertically within a 20mm gap between inner and outer walls?

(Interesting project, btw. and definately within the realms of possibility with the information you have given so far.
I have an FPV setup that uses a camera that is 9 x 9 x 11mm.)
glant

Post by glant »

earthwormjim wrote:Hi there.

You mentioned walls, so are we talking about moving vertically within a 20mm gap between inner and outer walls?
No, the device should move horizontally.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Well lets have a look:

15mm is doable, but with regular gear motors it will only give you a mm or two of ground clearance.
Being an FPV platform it'd likely want to be 4WD to give a steady base with good control.
Needs to be reliable as you don't want constant maintanance. Should be easy enough with 100rpm motors and Neoprene wheels.
Will also want a good run time and weights not really an issue, so something like a 470mAh 2s would last you plenty of time.

Alex routinely designs and builds chassis for people, and I provide the electronics, so between us we could probably build something that fits the bill if someone knows of a suitable camera.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc