Re: Team Picus Telerobotics 2015

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It says in the post that the ram came from Hobbyking
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

You would :3 They're a Hobbyking product (they come in a few other lengths too), and therefore have all the quality control issues that comes with that - I'd advise buying a few to compensate for the inevitable ones that leak/explode/fire poison into your eyes under load. They're meant for model aircraft retracts, but despite that I haven't noticed any speed issues - on 85psi they extend so fast I can't see the movement, although that's not under antweight conditions (I think the X-valve's flow rate will be the main restrictor of speed).

Hopefully that helps! I'll have some at the AWS in my spares box too.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

And just before the AWS...

S. D. F. (on right) and S. D. F. II. Or, as I described them to Gary earlier, "Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V"

Jigsaw 64 will happen, but unfortunately not for this AWS due to electrical problems (Rory may be recieving a large amount of money at some point), although I have it in my robot box if anyone wants to observe it. S. D. F. II does work really well though - it's slightly faster, better balanced, and noticably more powerful than the original, which may be a consequence of being essentially the insides of Head Over Heels transplanted into something far more sanely shaped.

Here's to hopefully ending 2015 on a bit of a high (i.e. winning something - be that a fight, a staring competition, or a Best Robot Incorporating The Letters S, D, And F Award) and moving into an even better, and hopefully actively weaponed, 2016!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"