Skipdiving Robotics

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

daveimi

Re: Skipdiving Robotics

Post by daveimi »

I know I'm kacking it about the spinners. Am just making a springy thing to go under the back end to push the wedge into the ground.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I probably will; that's what worries me! :L
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Don't worry about the spinny things Dave. They are pretty rare nowadays so your chances of drawing one are slim. If you do draw one, you can always surrender before your bot gets too broken. But there is a proven track record of robots like yours beating spinners relatively often. You just have to go for it!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

If the body of the robot is flexible and the components aren't too near the front face, I would suggest ramming head first into them. It has worked with all of my encounters with spinners such as Anticyclone (but the robot was too high for the disc to get to anyway!), Phileep (I think that's the name of it and I only got a tiny scratch in the hazard tape due to the front of the robot being flexible) and Dark Matter (no scuffs or scars whatsoever which is odd as that tore robots like Zenith apart at AWS 43 and my robot was just armored with laminate pouches and sellotape even though it was thrown into the air a couple of times!) which is quite good. No components were damaged at all which is surprising as I always take the case off of all of my receivers and always expose my wheels for some reason which I have forgotten now. Try going round the sides as they are generally weakest there. Good luck! Can't wait to see you there! :-)
Max

Post by Max »

Excuse me the mighty Phileep did a bit more than that:

That's right, 2 tiny rips in the hazard tape!
daveimi

Post by daveimi »

That's pretty cool to know, I'll head straight for the spinny thing and see how it goes :) I'm bringing my tools (there's rather a lot) and a load of spare stuff so I should be able to bodge on the fly if necessary :)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

"That's right, 2 tiny rips in the hazard tape!"

Well, it's still twice as much damage as my one took! :-)

Strangely, the robot in question can be seen in the top right of the picture (yellow and black hazard tape)! Spooky!
daveimi

Post by daveimi »

Thrust looks like a posh'un!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Haha. Thrust was in no way a 'posh 'un'. The driver of Thrust would probably consider that an insult ;-)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
daveimi

Post by daveimi »

Lol :)