Team Hell Build Diaries

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Re: Team Hell Build Diaries

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys, been a while since I updated this, so, with the AWS coming up, thought I may as well.

Fleas:

Divinity: Aside from a new battery (which got drained due to being left switched on) and a nice new switch, not much has changed, but it does now drive better than it ever has before. The plan is still to turn it into a vertical for next year.

Little Devil: After a poor showing at AWS 44 (dodgy switch), and a mishap with the battery, LD is back in action, but with a lighter battery allowing for a strengthening bit underneath the arm so I should be able to at least lift an ant now. The 3D printed version did not work out (linkages, I forgot how to geometry), and due to lack of funds, I've not been able to make another, but LD should be in it's new format (with a proper flipper) for AWS 46.

Ants:
Baby Hell: After being found to be longer than the cube with the new scoop I (hastily) added, I had to cut the axe blade down., but when I get the new Ti from Joey, I should be able to give it the profile I want AND keep the blade the right length, not that it does much :P. I'm also getting a 3d printed axe arm because the grub screw method doesn't work :P

Stewie: After issues with the board and receiver (which are resolved), I've taken to working on the grip issue, which I've solved by heating up/melting the rubber on the tyres, which seems to work well, but I will endeavor to find a better solution.

Baphomet: You may have noticed I didn't use the drum during the AWS (except to get myself off a wall), well this was because the drum was not mounted correctly, nor very securely. The drum mount has been temporarily fixed until the new chassis arrives (again, costs stopped me), and allows me to use the drum as well as the drive now. The drum is press fitted onto the motor barrel with plastic shim filling the gap, but having used both the normal disc and the thinner toothed disc (which, despite being horribly unbalanced due to my hand-modifying method, did spin and has a good kick to it), I think I will be getting a new weapon made up that will be a snug fit and the correct profile. This may require 3D printing metal...

Beetles:
Headbanger: After a disastrous event at the AWS and Stevenage, I finally bit the bullet and changed from Botbitz to Fingertechs to eliminate the issue with the Botbitz range (programmed for a TX with less of a stick range than the spektrums), and it seems to be runnning fine now. I will also be changing the axe motor from the 900 replica to a standard drill motor, because the torque from the 900 is not enough to self right the robot with the axe out.

Feathers:
Satanix: After the UK FW champs, I had to make a change to the controllers because Ellis (Rango) managed to kill one of my rather pricey Victors. I ran the rest of the event (and into the top 10) with 1 Victor and an Electronize! This did however cause a massive issue with controlling the robot, and all the fighting with the gyro and the delay in the electronize (coupled with a ground clearance issue due to a warped chassis) eventually burnt out the left hand motor. New motor and 2 new Botbitz later and Satanix is back in action, although it did lose a pinion gear after Beauty dumped it on the concrete during the winter tour!

That will do for now, but stay tuned for more developments coming soon; rebuilds, new robots, and a new event hosted by yours truly :)
Last edited by razerdave on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Good stuff Dave. Be good to see Baphomet running properly.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

nice. baphomet is cool!
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)