Another New Antweight..

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rapidrory

Re: Another New Antweight..

Post by Rapidrory »

2mm.. Imported at some expense from america. Probably be a nightmare to drill holes in, but should make for some very low maintainance blades.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

I like the way you even went and drew a cad for it Alex! Very good!
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

earthwormjim wrote:I like the way you even went and drew a cad for it Alex! Very good!
I loaded Stanley's CAD and just put a circle in the middle. The CAD is terrible but running it through a render program does magic. :D
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Sorry for being grumpy :D
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'm not sorry for being grumpy, y'all suck. *storms off*
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You had me fooled.
I have been quite as I have been taking out a row of conifers from my garden over the last two weeks.
Also bought a new computer so am busy trying to install all my software on it.
I didn't like Windows 8.1 so have upgraded to Windows 10 which is more like my old Vista machine.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

ha ha ha great joke Alex and Rory. :) i'm glad it was just a joke though.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Just installed an Afro 12A in Bad Idea as the plush 10A in there was struggling... and my god are these things good! No issues with spinup like before; the battery's a little small for that motor, so the voltage would dip and the Plush ESC would undervolt cut off, meaning I'd have start again and nurse the throttle very gently to get it up to speed. The afro just feathers the throttle for me when it see's an undervolt, but in the most efficient way possible, meaning it always spins up perfectly and as quickly as possible.

The other great feature is no stalling out on a hit; it again just feathers the throttle and brings it right back up to speed again as soon as the extra load is clear, meaning it's near impossible to stall out the blade unless it's fully jammed into something... Just imagine running a powerful DC motor for a spinner and that pretty much sums it up.

They also allow for forwards and reverse as would a brushed motor controller, so brushless drive would be quite easy now.
Considering setting up Why Wait's blade with forwards and reverse so it can unhook itself from the arena floor when it gets stuck :L

Another advantage is that it's almost the identical size to my old 10A, and doesn't have a big capacitor dangling off the front.

Bought 2 more of these for either doing a brushless version of Nuts or upgrading my other spinners (I'm sure you guys would rather see a brushless Nuts, but I make no guarantees :L)... Either way this could be fun 8)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I think Bad Idea might be my favourite recent ant so I'm pleased to hear its getting more potent. Maybe we should make a special prize for the next spinner to win an AWS. Been way too long.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

It's one of my favourite on my team as well so I'm glad you agree (It's written off 5 3D printed robot's chassis so far) :L I was planning on retiring it in favour of pneumatic Skutter, but hasn't been built yet, so Bad Idea is being upgraded along with Slice, and Why Wait is being clustered with Scrat (I know, I know; lazy cluster is lazy), so my team will be much the same as last AWS, but this time with properly finished robots hopefully..

Also started drawing up designs for the 2mm gr5 Ti so I can get the blades water jet cut.. Shock horror I know, but it's (apparently) not that expensive to get done, and I want to make the best use out of this rather expensive Ti that I can.. Hopefully end up with a bucket of rather ridiculous spinner blades by the end of it :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts