AWS tag team terror

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

AWS tag team terror

Post by Hogi »

is there still a tag team terror event at antweight world series? I am trying to encourage my cousin to build an ant and I would like to compete with him. I ask because there was no tag team championship at AWS 40. will there be one at AWS 41? if not we'll probably just gang up together in the anhialator competition or do our own little tag team event in a spare arena.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
joey_picus

Re: AWS tag team terror

Post by joey_picus »

There has been in the past, but you may remember from AWS 40 the struggle to get through just the FWS and AWS in one day...you'd be able to go to the SAC or similar events and organise a tag team competition if there was demand, but barring a relatively light AWS in terms of robots I don't think there'd be time any more to run it at the main AWS.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

oh well... :( AWS events are always fun whatever events are running. at AWS 41 Hogi will be after revenge on anti matter who knocked it out of the none spinner warm up because it trapped it on the arena wall. our new robot thunder we'll be looking to prove itself so all the other robots better watch out. should have a crusher robot going by AWS 42 or 43 depending on how much birthday money I get this year.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I'd like to run a small, single elimination, tag team competition at AWS41, if we have time. The hall is booked until 7pm, so even if we run past 5pm on the AWS, we should have time for tag team, annihilator, robot roulette etc. Obviously this depends if the people who are providing the arenas want to stay. For instance, Scott and Pete, who have offered arenas so far, live a good 2-3 hours away, so they may want to leave as soon as the AWS is over. Plus the last AWS only ran so late because we had such an enormous number of ants.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

to cut down on AWS run time I thought we could introduce a new rule stating we could only enter two bots per team. that way we could have more fun at the end and even invent new games. I thought of one: none spinner robot football. we could use the drop off points in the arena as goals and have two or three robots on each team with stickers fitted showing which team they are on. we could even put mini football boots on walkers! :D :D :D
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I don't think a 2 bot per team rule would be well received at all. Many builders have 3/4 antweights and want to compete them all.

I know I have 2 (Flipper and pusher) but am looking at building another two.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

did you like my robot football idea though? I thought we could make some official rules for it and give it a try at AWS 41 or 42. I got the idea from my robot wars extreme destruction video game where I thrashed hypnodisc two nill with behemoth. I thought it would be much better suited to ants or fleas than feathers or heavyweights.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

haz

Post by haz »

Antweight football is already a thing, not sure if you knew. Used to run at Reading robot club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zubME39L ... 2D&index=6
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I'll be happy to bring the football pitch to the AWS if you fancy a game Dan :).
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Hogi, we're not going to rewrite the rules just for you. It will be 4 ants maximum per team, 3 rollers and one walker/cluster, as it has been for the last 40 AWS events.

Dave, if you want to bring the arena I'm sure we'll have room for it, but probably not enough time for a dedicated competition.