Bigconkers

Re: I'm giving up

Post by Bigconkers »

looking nice Harry :) Good luck mate.
haz

Post by haz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6qxY8QKg8
Trying my hand at a wedge-flipper for a change.. I can see why they are popular :)
This is for Shane to drive next AWS hopefully.
haz

Post by haz »

Hey people, got a question.

I basically need to make an rc switch for an ant weight. I just need to turn a motor on when I flick a switch on the TX, no actual speed control is necessary it just needs to run the motor full speed one direction when I need it. Needs to be as small and light as possible, and run off a 2s lipo.

Any ideas?

Harry.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I've got some small, single channel controllers that I think are single direction. I'll test that they work and if so, I'll send one with the mixer you were after.
haz

Post by haz »

Cheers bud :)
haz

Post by haz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2a03OkP ... e=youtu.be

I made a thing. Nothing too special. Without the scoop it should fit in the cube, it does in CAD at least.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Cool! I hope you're attending on Saturday, Haz!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Yep, I'll be there to make everyone else look good don't you worry :P

Will have a dustpan grabber/saw robot of debatable goodness called Personal Space Invader, that tracked thing which will probably end up being called Robot Simulator 2014 due to lack of brain. I want a fleaweight to happen too, but don't know if I can make one.
haz

Post by haz »

There may come a day where I do antweights properly, but it is not today! Going to go for 2 ants one flea and 2.5 beetles for the AWS.

Pile of stuff that I planned to make my second antweight, Blueberry Pi. Shonky brushless of dubious origins, 30:1 motors botbitz 6a, 4ch orange rx and 6a brushless esc combo-lump and like a 180mah 2s.

Frame and weapon. The circular body of the robot is the middle of a roll of tape (#recycling) and the base is 4mm hdpe which I can pocket should I need to. Hole-sawed it out and cleaned it up on the mill. Bar is 1.2mm titanium. It's 180mm long. Now sadly the 4" cube will have to reduce the awesomeness of the weapon. Haven't yet worked out what the biggest bar I could possibly go for is.

It's somehow pretty decent for weight. With basically everything on there it was 138g. Might have to get some small servos to get the drive inside the body. Or I could mess about with maybes some bevel gears. hmm.

I also did a little bit of a spin up. As with similar silly suicide spinners it will flip flop and fly if you throttle up too quickly or throttle down. You see what happens when I throttle down from half too quick in the video. I'm going to miss the 180mm bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjB_SocsIxA

Slaughtermelon is great for weight despite being a 20mm block of plastic. All it needs is a battery. Got a bit of 3mm titanium that would be a tasty new wedge for it though. Still need to paint some seeds on. Pretty good for manual milling.

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Please cut the minimum possible off that bar thankyoumuch
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39