I'm giving up

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

sidon100uk

Re: I'm giving up

Post by sidon100uk »

Unfortunately my receiver does not have any markings for power, all I have is 1 through 6 with a mark for bind.
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Just plug the battery into a spare channel, make sure + in on the middle pin of the receiver and you won't break anything. I think for your receiver - is closest to the edge. If it doesn't work put negative on the other side.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
StuartL

Post by StuartL »

daliad100 wrote:Just plug the battery into a spare channel, make sure + in on the middle pin of the receiver and you won't break anything. I think for your receiver - is closest to the edge. If it doesn't work put negative on the other side.
I think there may be edge cases where you could break something with this experimentation, especially if there's servos connected. Best to get hold of the manual for your receiver to be sure. If you're powering the receiver with a two-pin connector and you don't put the positive in the middle I'm pretty sure you could blow some stuff up pretty quickly.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

daliad100 wrote:Positive should be on the middle pin and negative closest to the edge...
I would agree with this, I've never seen an rx where the rightmost pin isn't negative. But if you've put it in the wrong way, even for a second, it's probably now dead. Also, as Haz says, running a 2s lipo directly into a receiver and servos can make them randomly go pop.

Anyway, getting this back on topic, Haz, I think your ants were pretty good as they were. you can just put the recent AWS down to some bad luck surely? I hardly changed my lineup between AWS 39 & AWS 40, and I did awful at the former, and pretty well at the latter. Mind you, having said that the new designs look pretty good, especially egg beater.
haz

Post by haz »

Thanks, but I think, or would like to think that I can do some cool stuff with newer technology instead of just instantly writing it off as work of the robot devil and sitting in the dark with knock off motors and 1mm HDPE :P
Cheers, I quite like the eggbeater design, I hope it can actually become a thing. Got a few flaws to work out though.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Are those flaws the fact that it currently has motors but no batteries/speedo/receiver? :P
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Oh you! :P

For anyone interested in such things, I made a thing spin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9VC4i- ... e=youtu.be
StuartL

Post by StuartL »

haz wrote:Oh you! :P

For anyone interested in such things, I made a thing spin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9VC4i- ... e=youtu.be
Did it undo a retention nut or something?
haz

Post by haz »

The grubscrew on one of the gears came loose. Easy fix.
haz

Post by haz »

There was a fault on all my frames, so I've been spending time fixing them so I can get them printed up.. In theory it has worked okay.
Dave Weston spotted this ages ago, and I thought i had fixed it, turned out I didn't.
Look the left hand side motor mount.
Now fixed! yayness!

In other news, done a Botbitz order, so at some point i'll have lots of new things to play with. Got some 6a, escs and a selection of motors.