Die Gracefully Robots and Team Horse Power News

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Die Gracefully Robots and Team Horse Power News

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Traditional post AWS round-up:

For Gemma, exhaustion on the day highly effected her driving, enjoyment, and her want to join in, but she's still given me a list of criteria for her next team, so she's still keen.

Cheese and Ham Sammidge proved boringly functional and was pretty much the victim of tired driving. Suffered no damage but unlikely to make a return.

Ninja was ridiculous, especially when you factor in the small arena, however it did get in a few good hits and managed a blow that knocked out Scorpio Little Devil which was cool. Still, Gemma has dismissed the concept as "totally undrivable" which is fair enough.

Cappuccino with Sprinkles was also difficult to drive. Pulled off one hilarious victory before getting spinnered. Can't believe that Haz (aka Sprinkles) continues to survive!

Pistachio Macaroon proved to be good and solid and was only really victim to tired driving. Gemma has expressed interest on keeping it as is for the next one.

As for me, I had a rotten competition. All the spinner draws, poor robots, and tiredness definitely made me off form, but I still had fun and it was nice to relax a bit in the later stages.

X Cowboy nearly lost to Gemma in round one due to my poor driving, before being spinnered to death in round two by Alex. Hasty repairs resulted in a smoking controller and a forfeited round three. Nice to get a 6WD robot going, been an ambition of mine for a while, but I'm done with it now.

Venator was so boring it may as well have not showed up. Solid and dependable but booted about by two spinners and rightly so. Let us never speak of it again.

Lead Piping in the Billiard Room was fun but as useless as expected in the arena. Still, I enjoyed entering it as it was interesting.

New York's Finest Taxi Service was great fun. It showed you can make a two wheel pushbot interesting and fun and it actually did what it was designed to do (even if the expansion didn't always work). I like the concept though and have plans to make a new one with a lifter or crusher or something active that could also help with the expanding. Highlight of my day was the backflips it got to perform before I amazingly managed to knock out Anticide. That's the most fun I've had in ages.

Future plans? Expanding robots are fun. Pushboxes are boring. I'd rather be interesting and lose than boring and win.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I liked NY'sFTS and found it very difficult to fight against - hence I lost to it :)

Bethany enjoyed the chance to drive Haz a.k.a. Sprinkles in an all-girl team too.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Yes, thanks to Bethany
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Inb4 people start calling me Sprinkles.

More expanding robots please!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Y'all will be pleased to know I don't seem to be taking this upcoming AWS seriously. More news as it unfolds!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

For those not on Facebook, my AWS team is ready. Theme this time was "Thinking outside the box".

I Love You, I'm Going to Blow Up Your School
http://buildersdb.com/botpics/10052.jpg

Simon Ferocious
http://buildersdb.com/botpics/10053.jpg

Remurdered
http://buildersdb.com/botpics/10055.jpg

and the clusterbot The Lord is Out of Control (and Haz)
http://buildersdb.com/botpics/10054.jpg

Yes, they're all the same, but I like the design and the expanding mechanism works well. School is slowish, Simon is quick, Remurdered is middling and The Lord is less powerful due to a smaller battery to save weight.

No idea what they'll be like when they meet spinners...flippers...other robots...but that's part of the fun.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Expand-O-Rama!

Off topic, what's your favorite Mogwai album?
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Brilliant, Dave.
Could really throw a spanner in the works.
I like it, I like it alot.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will, Haz. Come back to AWS!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Good choice.

Haz want AWS. Haz always working on the weekends. Haz sad.