Jon's Cheerful Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: Jon's Cheerful Robots

Post by bitternboy »

Well, I'm ready :) my team is small and uninspiring but I'm going to try and have as much fun with them as I can.

It consists of Cat with Goggles and Kiwi, you can probably guess which is which.
Slight downside is my DX4 has started misbehaving so I'll be using a blade tx for CwG which is honestly a nightmare bearing in mid how quick it moves :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

<3
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Yes. Very yes.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I am not sure if you are aware that if you push on the end of the right stick of a blade the red light flashes and you have reduced rates on the drive and steering channels which helps with fast robots.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I am :) Makes it a bit easier but still not great, the main problem is with the quality of the sticks and the trim drifts a bit :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

It's odd for me to be even thinking about ants this early before an AWS but here goes.
I've slipped into a different mindset of late as a result of my lack of time meaning my robots have slipped from 3rd place material to kinda last minute and not properly executed ones. Therefore, my next team for whatever comp I may attend next will probably consist of at least one spinner, a fan bot and a bot made entirely (excluding electrics and the tyres) from hot glue.
Basically I'm going to try and contribute to the diversity of the sport and have a laugh while I'm doing it.
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

And I mean the hot glue bot literally, I'm going to try and do some adhoc molding and make as much of it as I can out of the stuff.
Jonathan Atkinson
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Awesome! :D
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Don't need a mould, just do some manual 3d printing with the hot glue gun; could come out pretty well :P
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

you'll need a lot of glue though i'm guessing.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)