Deltang Receivers / Controllers

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Deltang Receivers / Controllers

Post by peterwaller »

As I mentioned in the other thread I have ordered some bits and as usual they arrived next day.
I got some of the Rx43d-3 receivers which have 3 H bridge controllers built in.
Two are Ch 2/3 at 400ma and can have mixing and the 3rd is Ch 4 at 800ma all of these are limited to 6v as is the receiver.
I also ordered some of the ADD2 boards with the 10 v capacitor mod that can boost any one of the H bridge outputs to 3A and 8.4v operation.
So far I have only powered up the receiver and checked the default settings but so far it all looks good.
Below is a photo showing the size of the items along side a standard orange 4 Ch Receiver.
My plan is to first see how good the receiver/controller is at driving a pair of our standard motors (not HP) then to hook one up to a couple of the ADD2 boards and see what that can do.
As usual the biggest problem is connecting to such tiny boards.
At the moment when you buy the receivers they are (while stocks last) giving away a free receiver rather like the standard orange 4 chan to enable you to practice programming.
This has no H bridge drive capability but you appear to be able to progam any channel to any pin plus mixing etc.
peterwaller

Re: Deltang Receivers / Controllers

Post by peterwaller »

Just hooked up the Rx43d-3 receiver to two of the cheap motors from ebay all running on 5v and it all worked well.
The motors seem a bit quite and slow on 5v but the standard 25% steering mix appears to work well I need to put it into a rolling chassis to see what the speed and steering really are like.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have now hooked it up on to a rolling chassis with a single 4.2v cell so it is slightly slower.
Here it is as standard with 25% steering mix I found it a little slow to turn:
http://youtu.be/3n52oxP9do4
So using the programming function entered by powering the receiver with both sticks pushed into the middle I set the mix to 100% which was much better.
http://youtu.be/SJ0jlM_OplM
As it stands it has an all up weight of 38.5 gms
Also the pads on this receiver are better seperated so easier to solder two than the Rx32
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Great testing so far Pete. I've noticed some models of the recievers (including the one you have) have both 400ma and 800ma H-bridge outputs, however for your test you've used both of the 400ma outputs. Is it safe to assume that the 800ma channel works exactly the same as the others (except for the increased current, of course)? i.e. would having one drive motor on a 400ma channel and the other on an 800ma channel cause any issues?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Sorry I missed you post I don't see any reason why you cant use a 400 with an 800.
I picked the two 400 as the mixing was set for them but as far as I can see you can mix any pair of channels.
I have spent some time looking at an easy way to introduce a regulator before I realised that a straight 4cell NiMh would do the trick without a regulator.
Here It is running all be it with a rather hefty 300mah pack but the speed is quite adequate see:
http://youtu.be/wWcIYrj1bxc
haz

Post by haz »

saw this yesterday and it was incredible!!
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I'm joining you with this one Peter, Ordered mine rather than buying 3x finger tech controllers. I'm still going to use 2sLiPo but I'm going to put in a 6v regulator. I'll post my results as I get them
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have started laying out a board with a 5 v regulator that also mounts the Rx4d-3 receiver and 2 10v ADD2 boards.
Must get round to finishing that off but I seem to have got sidetracked with the new spinner.
Maybe I could combine the two. :roll:
engr

Post by engr »

these look interesting, especially as they have RS232 out . Once i decide on a transmitter i might get some of these.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have now etched a board with a regulator that can have the receiver and two ADD2 10v units so I can test it out.
Here it is built up with the regulator on one side and the boards on the other.
Finally here it is in the new Combatant.
No tyres yet so I havent had it running but it all seems to work OK even with the brushless controller on the throttle channel.