Team DD robots and stuff

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Gizz

Team DD robots and stuff

Post by Gizz »

Hi!

Can't remember if I've introduced myself properly so here's a try!
My name is Danny and im a roboteer from Sweden. Been reading on forums and tinkering with robots for several years but as theres not too much action
going on in sweden the interest in it has gone up and down as time has passed. Have had a FW and a couple of ants which was driveable but not really
up to fighting.
Now I've taken things further and gotten myself plenty of RC components, HDPE , Poly and other stuff aswell as having a good variety
of tools and machines. Apart from CNC equipments, Lathe and Mill which prolly are the best ones but you do what you can with what you got! :)

This is the thread where I will keep most of my builds and ideas etc.
At the moment I ahve a tracked AW being built, parts for a AW spinner aswell apart from the ESC's and a FW with an electric lifter being built.

Anyways heres my first combat ready Ant named Bounce (if its not taken);

Specifications:

Motors: 2 polulu 50:1 HP
ESC: EScheap10 from botbitz
Reciever: OrangeRX 6 chan DSM2
Battery: Gravity 8,4V Lipo 250mAh
Weapon: GWS Park HPX BB servo operating a 0,4mm Ti flipper
Weight: 145gm
Team DD
razerdave

Re: Team DD robots and stuff

Post by razerdave »

Hey Danny, I've seen you on the FRA forum, welcome to the ant forum :). If your looking for antweight and Fw action on the continent, the GRA run Mad Metal Machines twice a year in Germany, which I will be attending this year, and you are always welcome over here for one of our AWS events, providing you're ok with flying :).
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

Hey
I knew they ran something sometime in germany but im not that well read up on it, thanks for the info. Do they have any website in english?
Yeah the AWS are the goal and im ok with flying and spending a weekend over there is no problem whatsoever.
The only issues are really knowing where to fly, where to live and transport between the airport and the place the AWS is hold but I
guess I should ask when the time comes :)
Team DD
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

The next MMM is 31st march/1st April in bochum (nearest airport is dortmund i think), the next AWS is 17th march in reading. Good train connections to London and its airports. I always have space for a roboteer if you need somewhere to sleep :).

Interesting looking antweight, I'm guessing the hdpe block is for self righting?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I think thats a great looking ant! Really cool, would love to see it fighting over here.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

How are the BotBitz ESCheap10 controllers going for you?
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

Ah sounds lovely, trains make it so easy and a place to sleep at would be wonderful!

The speed controllers works well so far, only ran them for a few minutes during testing so far but I'm pleased,
I've got a pair of the 6A version im going to put into the tracked robot and see how that goes.

Yeah on my first test run i realised it couldn't self right but fortunately i had a bit of hdpe whcih suits it perfect.
gonna upload my video of the test drive aswell but it was kinda hard filming and using the transmitter at the same time :P
Team DD
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That's why I've never filmed my robots XD

Welcome to the forum Danny, good looking robot you have there :) looking forward to seeing you at an event, and seeing the tracked robot in action if you get to build that - I like tracks, hehe XD
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

Thanks! Yeah I've always liked tracked ones aswell so decided to build one.
Seems it will be much alike the others rolling around here unfortunately but its a start at least
Team DD