Earthwormjim's Stuff

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

terminaldamage

Re: Earthwormjim's Stuff

Post by terminaldamage »

earthwormjim wrote:today I noticed that all the vibrations dissapear at over 90% throttle. :)
A proper spinner shouldn't be operating at less than 90% throttle anyway :wink:
Raoul's looking brilliant, although I am biased towards drums!
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

terminaldamage wrote:
earthwormjim wrote:today I noticed that all the vibrations dissapear at over 90% throttle. :)
A proper spinner shouldn't be operating at less than 90% throttle anyway :wink:
Raoul's looking brilliant, although I am biased towards drums!
Thanks.
Well said! :D

Posted a video of Creepy Crawly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pqvhfvV ... ature=plcp

and a new outfit for Hell Boy too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszv4CEt ... ure=relmfu

Been finishing off Raoul today too.
He is nearly ready to rumble! :D
ajw

Post by ajw »

They're all looking great Jim. I think this hell boy looks more practical than the last with the slightly steeper scoop and graceful self righting! Glad to see Raoul is now more under control, I think it's going to be THE one to beat at AWS38, it was powerful enough at 1/4 throttle!
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Thanks Andrew. :)

I think spyro may well be the robot to beat at the moment! :)

Raouls 138mah lipo packs are lasting less than 3mins at full power!! :o So that is my next challenge.
I think I can squeeze some 180mah ones in there,I might have to tinker around with his new heavy duty "spyro-proof" armour to get it back in weight though. :roll:
Are you planning on making any changes to your fleet?I honestly cant think what you would change!
ajw

Post by ajw »

I don't think Raoul will ever been in the arena for the full 3 minutes! (I don't recall seeing many (if any...)UK antweight fights last 3 minutes anyway, let alone a spinner like Raoul) but I guess your concern is more back to back fights in the latter tournament stages. Spyro is actually running off a 250mAh lipo which seems to last for ages (the whole of AWS37 and at least 10 minutes messing around in the house since then and it's still going strong!) so 180mAh should give plenty of run time.

I learnt quite a lot at AWS37 about the weaknesses of all my bots so have ideas for improvements for them all. Controllability is top priority as driving with no mixing (using the diagonals on the transmitter) isn't ideal; skirting round Raoul for example! I'm quite surprised how well the disc stood up to impacts. I noticed after getting home that there was one ding in the disc which I can only assume came from the head on hit with Raoul!
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Well,Raoul has a rather nice war wound,right over his eye.Nice one Spyro!...
I think it looks cool,though. 8)

I know they are expensive,but a dx6i is a fantastic bit of kit,with its 10 model memory,mixing,dual rates,etc etc.
Once it is setup right,it takes alot of the awkwardness out of driving robots,so you can concentrate on the battle,rather than faffing about with the controls. (IMHO).

I think people tend to build big heavy club like disks,but Spyros is light and sharp.i think it was very effective.
Expect a few more to appear anytime soon! :)

Raoul had a 370mah lipo at the AWS,as that was what I had lying around.
I have 4 tiny 138 mah 2s lipo packs,and nowhere to put them,so I thought I'd try them out,but I think 180 mah 2s is the way to go,as that is what all my others have.
Just ordered a couple of packs from HK. Wonder if they will arrive in time for the SAC??
haz

Post by haz »

i have a 180mah 2cell battery if you want.
looking brilliant as always :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

I have switched batteries with creepy crawley for now.Raoul comes in at 154g now.But that is with his new 1mm Ti rear facing armour plating. :roll:
I'm sure I can shave off a gram or 2 somewhere.Thanks for the offer though Haz! :)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Still looking awesome, hehe :)

Where did you get those batteries you were showing me at the AWS again?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Thanks Joey!
I still cant get over how sleek and sexy Jigsaw looks. I would buy a poster of Jigsaw and put it up on my wall.(don't think my wife would appreciate it though! :( )
Batteries are here...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _10C_.html

But are out of stock atm. :roll:
With shortened JST connector and no covering,mine come in at 30mm x 11mm x12mm and 7.1g. :)

If I can fit them in,I use the turnigy nanotech 180mah 2s lipos at the mo,which are 30mm x 10mm x 20mm and 10.8g when adapted.
They are here...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ible_.html
I reckon they are da bomb! :o (not literaly :D .)