Earthwormjim's Stuff

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Re: Earthwormjim's Stuff

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dave26 wrote:I think you two should do the antweight equivalent of one of those hip hop collaboration albums and team up for a clusterbot. (Peter, hip hop is a kind of music)
Surely with Peter and Jim's attention to detail it would be more of a Prog Rock concept album (Dave, prog rock is a kind of music :P )
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I am not sure my hips are up to too much hopping these days and as for my rocks well this is a family forum. :roll:
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

Dave26 wrote:(Peter, hip hop is a kind of music)
not all young people know anything about hip-hop! :P
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I know what prog rock is! But a prog rock clusterbot would end up overweight and there's no way it'd fit in the cube!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Right. That's enough silliness, stop it immediately!
This is a serious forum for serious people. Dave, sorry but you're going to have to leave immediately!! :D
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

An update.
switching the pots with an SPDT switch has worked very well, switching the middle pins on the pots.
This switches off the left/right movement on one stick, and transfers that input to a rotating knob positioned at the end of the control stick on the other side of the TX.
The only down side is that the new input does not self centre, but so far it feels quite natural to use. The replacement 2K pots finally arrived toady, and the centre points are now in the correct place, and are evenly proportional in both directions too. Yay! (Boo to 10K pots, they suck.)
I now have to remake the whole front panel now to make room for the 2 new switches! :roll:
This has been part of remaking the old custom TX I had a while ago, which needed doing because I had bodged some of the wiring, which meant that the TX was too unreliable to be used properly. I have now completely re wired it, and replaced all the switches. I have removed the bits that I dont think I will need, and it appears to be working reliably now. It has taken about 2 months tinkering. But I think at least that it is electronically sound now.
Appearing at an AWS near you soon!!! ( Hopefully!) :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

WOW!
Last entry was May 2014!
That's appalling!!

Anyway...
New robot for Rory's AWS.
My Mum lives in Illminster, which I am hoping is not TOO far from Rory's pad, so I am hoping to stay with her the night before.

Blockhead has a printed stainless steel beater spinny thing on the front, and some Ti panels at the front and rear.
It looks quite controllable so far. The motor is lovely, very smooth. Its an RCX H2206 1950KV. I got it because it has 4 x m3 mounting holes on the back, and 4 x m2 on the front. It will drain the 180mah 2s lipo in around a minute at full tilt, so battles will have to be quick! ( Half throttle seems to be plenty at the mo!)

Here is a quick vid scooting around my desk at work!! ( don't tell anyone!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIeUr1qF6dE
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Omg that is beautiful. I may be weeping.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

*runs away from it for 2mins*
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That looks beautifully done as usual :) how fast do you have it in the video? It seemed to be bouncing a bit when it was high revving (he said desperately looking for weaknesses...)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"