Antweight walker rules

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Antweight walker rules

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi there,

I'm having a discussion on the german forum http://forum.roboteers.org/thread.php?s ... #post73686 about their walker rules versus ours.

So ours says
Walker - A robot whose final drive output rotates through less than 180 degrees (e.g. legs)

Shufflebot - A robot that rests on part of its body during the recovery phase of its leg movement.
And theirs says
The step motion must not be circular with constant angular velocity.
The step length must be 1.5 times larger than the step height

Interesting.
Cavecrusher

Re: Antweight walker rules

Post by Cavecrusher »

our shufflebots are not walkers, simple :P
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Kwijebo is an interesting point, the original legs I used are the same as the ones drawn on the German forum. The current legs do not have a circular motion, the counter rotating cams produce a perfect hemisphere for each step. It would be like tank tracks if the speed of the leg while pushing forwards was constant and the legs didn't stop before being picked up off the ground. I have designed a version which is smoother and 25% faster with 3 legs on each side but its getting silly. It always has one leg on each side touching the ground, however the front wedge runs flat is this a walker or a shuffler... If I removed the wedge it will walk just on its feet making it a walker.

From what I remember of the walker rules from America, continuous cam rotation is always a shufflebot and not allowed the extra weight allowance. IMO legs are hard to do on 150g bots and there should be more walkers/shufflebots.

What are the weight bonuses for shufflebots and walkers in Germany?
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

225g. I've had a stab at translating the entire germann antweight rules here http://forum.roboteers.org/thread.php?s ... #post73890
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Awesome thanks Simon.

Flame weapons and fuel are allowed :D, the 50% more forward/back is interesting would stop mutant getting the extra bonus.
TEAM GEEK!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I am looking to build a walker just as a demonstration robot for robot wars. it wont be able to have a weapon the way I intend to build it because it'll have to be unmixed so there wont be any room left on the remote for a weapon control but I might put some metal spiked all around it. I want to use an unmodified servo for each leg and drive it by flicking the two sticks on my remote back and forward.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)