im new.

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

kickboxer

im new.

Post by kickboxer »

hi guys im new to the forum and i have ordered all the parts for my robot
(Sharp Turtle)
and i dont know how to connect a speed controller ?
oh and while im here does anyone have a retired robot for sale witch runs and everything witch i could buy?
oh and what would you recomend me using for armour im uusing )0.5 mm of aluminium, but what cheap plastic would be good aswell as metal.

P.S
are Zebra HS Z2113 (Standard Gear) servos a good match with technobots hitec skysports 2 rc set ?

Ryan Captain of Team
Machette Throwing Turtles !!!
[/quote]
haz

Post by haz »

0.5mm ali will not be enough, belive me. i take it your building a pusher from the 2ch tx. what speed controler is it? if you are using a speed controler you will not need servos, or if you are using servos you will not need a speed controler.
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

haz wrote:0.5mm ali will not be enough, belive me. i take it your building a pusher from the 2ch tx. what speed controler is it? if you are using a speed controler you will not need servos, or if you are using servos you will not need a speed controler.
im going to use 1.5mm of plastic the metal is so the plastic doesent get chewed up
and i thought that the speed controller is to mount the steering onn to 1 toggle
correct me if im wrong
haz

Post by haz »

are you geting speed controler muddled with mixer?
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

1.5mm of tough plastic like polycarbonate or polypropylene will be enough to take on most spinners on its own I'd think :P

You might be thinking of mixers, speed controllers are the devices needed to convert R/C signals into something that can drive one or two motors. (and as Harry says you don't need them if you're using modified servos, so if you want to keep things simple that's an option)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

haz wrote:are you geting speed controler muddled with mixer?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
yeah thanks for the correction good thing i didnt order the speed controller then .