Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Dave26 wrote:
Call it Egg Flied Nice

That is a Technogames 2000 reference and I claim my five pounds ;P
Doesn't matter where the name comes from if its good. As long as another robot hasn't used it before, I don't think a rocket counts. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
josh

Post by josh »

Still mounting small pieces and some cable clips and odds and ends just to keep it neat inside.
Does anybody have one of these:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh ... duct=11429
that they could give me some confirmed dimensions for (without heat shrink and wires) so that I can finish the bracket for the esc and order my chassis and mounts to be printed whilst I'm away?
definitely a tight fit... those LEDs are both 5mm and they look huge compared to their surroundings...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Still not esc... so I'm making a more general mount and may end up making another at some point.
On the esc in the post above is anyone aware of the necessity for the large resistor off of the negative battery input to wherever it goes? (working from the picture...) Is it just a precautionary thing to prevent over heating in longer use in planes and such? it's just that It's quite awkward to fit in somewhere...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

This is how you mount components if you have too much time and think in 3D...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Shapeways pieces all ordered, just waiting to realise what I have forgotten...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I do it all most every time. I would say you have too much free time, but I am working on an air piloted valve for anticide. 20 times more flow should be interesting. Its a shame I can't scale parts up 10 times and 3d print them to use in a feather...

I look forward to seeing it spinning, any idea how bad the gyro forces will be?
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

Probably.. I tend to draw things out in my head and then I know what I'm doing when I get on a computer then just go crazy...
I'm not sure but the disk is a third of the weight with about 85% of the that on the outer points it will definitely dance...
Initially I was going to make a big horizontal disk with chamfered cut outs and a skirt beneath to make a half suction cup half spinner thing.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

I just quickly googled for a KE calculator and my specs entered as a flywheel give out 2 joules... although I think that is the weight displaced equally, it doesn't take into account where the weight is located so I will do some proper calculations tomorrow
However It means nothing to me as I have nothing to compare it to...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

Katjusha at full rpm (typhoon 3-3d @ 11.1v) has around 8 Joule

the One-toothed DBA/Katjusha (GWS 2205/15T @ 11.1v) had around 16 Joule, that is before i misplaced the freaking robot...
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Cavecrusher wrote:the One-toothed DBA/Katjusha (GWS 2205/15T @ 11.1v) had around 16 Joule, that is before i misplaced the freaking robot...
you lost a robot?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"