Your scariest Antweight moment

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Your scariest Antweight moment

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Just a thought, after seeing my nerves go really badly at AWS 32, I was wondering, what would you say is the scariest moment you've ever experienced with antweights ?

I think mine was when I was about to fight Mutant at AWS 27, because the robot had been on good form, but because it was only MDF and polycarb at the time, I was so scared that it would get ripped apart and I couldn't replace the parts (sozbot board at the time) I was physically shaking as I put Stewie in the ring. I did end up beating it, but still, a scary time.

Another one was, again, fighting Mutant, when he ripped my axe motor clean off, leaving a rather nice gash across the case.

I dunno what caused my nerves to start going at the last AWS, I was only fighting Disobediant in the non spinners, I wasn't exactly going to get torn asunder. I think it was fear of failiure more than anything.

So lets here from you guys, whats given your nerves a jangle ?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Fighting my first AWS final in Hull, suddenly got very nervous.
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

I get nervous when i'm fighting spinners. I think my scariest fight was against Kwijebo in AWS 29, the one where i flipped him over and then drove off the edge. And also when I fought Mutant at AWS 32 and got Terrorizer's scoop mangled. Any fight against Anticide is scary as well.
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
haz

Post by haz »

for me was my first event when i was up against combatant with my servo driven bit of busciut tin with polystyrene gaffer taped to the front... i lost of cource :D
craig_anto

Post by craig_anto »

powering up Anto XP for the first time and it wasnt set up properly it went out of control spinning on the spot at high RPM I thought it was cool and went to get my camera as i did the the Lipo burst sending spray upward which caught fire as the terminals sparked out, there in my room on my laminate floor was a high speed spinning anto on fire
that very much so caught my attention
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I would imagen that would call for some rapt attention :P

I left BH on display once and went to fix Hell's Angel, came back for a spanner and was told my AW had to be unplugged because it was SMOKING, someone had plugged it in the wrong way around whilst I was gone
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Scariest I've seen is Peter Waller reaching in the arena to get Mutant out while he didn't realize his blade was still spinning.

As for myself, nothing really ever frightens me in Antweights. If I lose, I lose.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Think for me it was my first ever robotic combat match back in aws4. Lucky there are only a few peeps still involved who where around during that time but I was royaly s**ting a brick. When I put my robot into the arena.

My hand was shaking so much when I put my feeble attempts of a robot into the arena.

Hey btw :P
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I think my scariest moment is yet to come, there's the overriding feeling that I've had it easy so far somehow :P the closest I've come has probably been at the last Richmond Fighting Robot Club when I only had one working robot - Little Yellow Taxi - and I was drawn against Combatant with only one wheel working, I genuinely thought I was going to get either smashed or catch fire but luckily the robot escaped further major damage.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

My scariest moment was doing the interveiw on Robot Wars Extream after the antweight battle. They stick a camera, microphone and a rather attractive young lady in you face and you are sopposed to talk coherently and I didn't.