House Robot

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

well, i made a house bot for the last rfrc event, worked well before hand, broke during the event :( and was great in a couple of whiteboards afterward ( altho tbh it was a rather bodge job) , the main problem i see with house bots is that they have to be big to avoid getting mullered by the competitors and if we make them too big they will be too big for the arena. the ideal arena i can see for them is the rfrc non spinner arena (was the assualt course/ deathball pitch last time and can be switched too a combat arena!) which is (probably) the largest arena out there and has no drop off's.

apart from that it sounds like a very good idea :) im going to rebuild sir-crush-a-lot (lame name :P ) and it will (hopefully) not be such a bodge job :)
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Feeble used pnuematic rams the biggest problem is getting a pump that works and designing a system that does't leak oil all over the arena. Feeble really lived upto it name and was no where near as powerful as the pnuematic systems in use and existing ants.
olivers

Post by olivers »

I have a small wireless camera.

We decided against house robots, as mentioned above they can get in the way and decide a match. Lets say 2 ants are going off at the same time and a house robot gets in the way of 1 and it stays on the arena, rather than a rematch the ant that stays on wins. Not really fair.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I have a small memory of a stationary house robot from waaay back in the AWS, but then again as oliver said, it could decide a match.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

I remember there was someone who made a hydrolic (though uncompleted) ant using a pump from an over the counter blood pressure monitor.

I honestly think that a house robot will make hardly any difference to the fights.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

would the house robot have to abide by the standard weight and dimesnion rules ? , i think he should have an arsenol of flippers , crushers , spinning weapons , that would be out of reach for a standard antweight. im getting a bit carried away !! :lol:

my micro camera is 12 G and can be powered of 5 V (although its supposed to be on 9 of a PP3) it has survived impacts of over 50 G , when the parachutes fail and has been a couple of hundred feet up in the air , so it should be fine for an antweight !

Im not going to build the official house robot , but i have 2 naro servos already modifed and i make / buy / steal / knit some wheels , and i always use the same radio in all my bots . so would you mind if i built a little ref bot with a count down timer and onboard camera and just brought to some events asa ref . If yes then what weapons should i give him (sticking to the rules this is :lol: )
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

anybody ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Something non-destructive yet effective like a pressurised flipper or claw.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

hi everybody,

iv decided to take this on as a cool project, i was actually going to make a rc claw robot but then i decided to combine the two :wink:

it will use that sanyo tank track base kit...thing for its chassis/drive, it's weapons will be a claw and a hammer ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyW4L_oI ... r_embedded# ) for controllers i was thinkin about using a axon micro controller and then incorperating a bluetooth system to controll it ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgjo_33r ... r_embedded ) this will allow it to be operated via my laptop giving me a lot more choice on commands, so lets say fwd arrow key = forward, backward arrow key = reverse, left arrow key = left, right arrow key = right, then u = claw arm up, d = claw arm down, p = pince claw, r = realese claw, h= hammer down, l= hammer up etc etc....

im also thinking about incorperating a micro camera (to get a different perspective of the action :) ) and a countdown clock (if i click 1 the clock goes to 1, if i click 2 the clock goes to 2 etc)

i have the cad of all the claw mech and am about to send it over to my sponsor kenny at alk to cnc it all for me :)

it all sounds great, and imlooking forward to it, but its not going to be cheap, so i may have to save up and work on it over time, and if you guys could help either finacialy or mechanicly i would be uba greatfull.

if all goes to plan i aim to take it to rr/rl events (possible new feature for daves rr arena?) and also incorperate it into a new obsticle on the assault course at rfrc (think early robot war's), im not sure about it running in comptition matches because, as mentioned above it can decide the match, so please let me know what you think about that

il keep y'all updated :)

jack

team orr
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Servos:
HS-311 x 1 (hammer)
S3114 x 2 (grippers)
S3102 x 2 (elbows)