BrilliANT 3 Rebuild Help

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TeamHunt

BrilliANT 3 Rebuild Help

Post by TeamHunt »

Hi All, im new to this forum, but not to robot combat.
Im rebuilding BrilliANT 2, and need some help with components.
I want it to be a flipper, and want to know what components you guys use.
I have a HPXF servo, and i know that i'll be needing some Precision Microdrives 50:1 motors, but i'll need the link as my browser wont let me get to any of the components.
I'll be needing some more light batterys, and maybe a small speed controller would help.
Thanks
Matt
Matt Hunt-Team Hunt
AWs:
PropellANT
TeeTh
Fleas:
Micro Patience
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Hi,
I'm quite new to antweights as well. A Park HPXF is the fastest servo around so is great for a flipper. for the drive, 50:1 motors are good. if you want lots of speed use the Pololu 30:1 HP motors, if you want lots of torque go for 100:1. but 50:1 gives a good balance of speed and torque. The best battery to use is a Lithium Polymer battery (lipo). they have a charge rate of 3.7v per cell, nearly twice that of a NiMH or NiCad. 2 of my ants use a 7.4v (2 cell) 300mAh Lipo pack. There are various speed controllers out there, such as scorpion minis, banebots and my particular favourite, the sabretooth 5A dual channel, as it has a built in mixer.
Hope this helps :)
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

If you search the forum (use the Search button at the top of the page) you should find plenty of links to battery and motor suppliers. Try looking in the "Resources" section.

A 300mAh battery pack is quite big, you can get away with between 120mAh and 250mAh for a flipper.

The advice in the posts above is all good. :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt