Metal armour rule vote

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Terror

Metal armour rule vote

Post by Team Terror »

I've heard that there's going to be a forum vote to decide whether or not the rule about antweights being made from one sheet of metal is going to be removed, but there's nothing about this other than in the committee section, which I can't post in. I was wondering if the vote is still going ahead, and when it's going to be held.
Thanks
Jack Evans
Captain,
Team Terror
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

We were waiting for a reply from some of the other committee members, which never came. Then it just kind of, stopped.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yeah, sorry guys, I've done all I can, It wasn't my idea to transfer the vote from the AWS committee meeting to the internet, but I thought I'd get it going, but I've not had any help from the other members of the committee (apart from Peter) in making it happen, even to the extent of people not even saying if they agree to the draft proposal.

It shouldn't be that hard, but it seems that it is.

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

There was only really me and Simon and Craig talking about it on the comittee forum. As (I believe) us three are all in favor of the rule change, it wouldn't have been fair to put the vote into action without agreement from at least some of the people opposed to the change that it was a fair system. We didn't have a single comment on it, and therefore can't really go ahead with the voting procedure.
I agree with Simon, it shouldn't be that hard to get a fair vote agreed upon.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
olivers

Post by olivers »

Go for it, anyone want to set up a voting thread for keep the no metal monocoque (keep the rule as it is) and allow full monocoque allowed.

Would be nice for everyone to put a sentence justifying their vote, not too keen on 'trolls' voting for monocoques whereas everyone with robots votes to keep the rules the same.

Oliver
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

I'll set up a thread, or is it only committee members allowed as this is a committee matter? or we could always use this thread?
olivers

Post by olivers »

Think anyone can setup a voting thread.

I would start a new one
Remote-Controlled Dave

We we're going to have a period of time between the vote starting and the vote closing, so I think we should plan a little bit better first.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

I say we should just do this vote! Choose a start date and end date, have it running for about a week or so, then the result should be final, and no more debate after that. What does everyone think? And could somebody suggest a start/end date please?
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

Id say start it in a few days and let it run for a week or two , some ideas on changes to the rule would be good , like limiting it to 3 mm or something , also maybe clarify the gray area on metal compsoites.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide