Metal armour rule vote

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

you can't make that rule!
iv'e only just finished my first bot which has metal chassis and mesh armor and it's taken me at least a year to build!
If it is made a rule I and probably lots of other people will have wasted 6 months building a bot for nothing! :(
muchalucha is right, just limit the thickness of the armour
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Alasdair, wouldn't your argument (that rule changes mean that designs can be changed to fit the changed rule) be taken to mean that no rule should ever be changed?

Simon
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Well I am just saying that it will be really disapointing if I have just finished my robot and I find I will not be able to fight...
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

will this be for rrc
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Alasdair, the proposal was that we got rid of the rule, not introduced a new one.

Simon

P.S. And I'm still hoping that the members of the committee who opposed the removal of the rule (especially the one who suggested that it be put to an internet vote) will do the decent thing and give their consent to the internet vote on the lines as stated at http://www.robotwars101.org/phpBB/viewt ... c&start=15 on the 15th March at 08:14.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Oh! :oops: I thought it was being introduced as a new rule! :oops: :oops: :oops: