Metal armour rule

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Actually I think that axes have a better chance of damaging thin metal than thick plastic, I know for a fact that the axe on Baby Hell has dented the 0.5mm aluminium on Ant and Dec, as far as I am aware, it hasn't done any damage to any plastic covered ants (although I may be wrong)

As it stands the ants that started this discussion are no stronger than any other ant, in fact they are more likely to get shredded by spinners and dented by axes or crushers so based on that I can't see any advantage at all.

I will make sure that I take some photos of the 3 ants in question (Ant Awe, Ant and Dec) at Maidstone this weekend so that you can see how I built them.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

...in the end we decided to keep this rule...currently there is no need to change it.
If we didn't have the metal armour rules, what would we have to argue about? :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

peterwaller wrote:I agree Leo keeping a rule just because it has always been there is not a valid reason and was not why people voted to keep it.
I and I believe others voted to keep the rule for the reasons I stated before.
Leo the motivation was to stop people from building robots machined out of one piece of solid bar that would be impervious to weapons. True that spinners have now progressed to the state that they can do damage or at least launch them out of the arena but any possible use of axes, hammers or crushers would be just about impossible. We haven't had any that can really deal with plastic yet let alone titainium.
You did indeed, and I already stated that this is a not really an issue because there isn't enough mass to even penetrate a thick cardboard armor with an antweight axe, so why make allowances for something that will never work?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website