Metal armour rule

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I am not sure if he is up for full combat any way.
.5 mm ali amour would get shredded.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It is robot COMBAT everyone...besides there's only Pete's spinners and my one attending this time I think.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

me and John Ried (terrorhurtz) have had that conversation plenty of times why people build fighting robots and go into the arena and ask ' please go easy on me ' I'll never know, Tanto and Terrorhurtz have fought 3 times everytime we fight John cranks up his gas and I up the voltage
You build robots to fight not cuddle and dance round throwing fairy dust around FIGHT

How can you know how good your robot is if you dont fight the 'scary ones' A good robot's sucess is being able to beat the ones other roboteers fear.

you hear that Pete? I cant wait to fight combatAnt again
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I prefer fighting spinners too. Much more fun.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yes, fighting full-on is the whole point. But I'll admit that I hope that if there's damage then it's nothing too expensive.

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Write I was writing this massive speech yesterday but then I had to go home from work so here it is in short.
Basically its a new machine and will has not fought with antweights before. Antweights to scale do way more damage then any other weight class in robotic combat.
This is wills first ant weight (as far as I am aware) and if it is not built for full combat then he shouldn't feel pressured to fight in full combat.
My featherweight is not full combat. It has thin HDPE armor and right under the front scoop is a nice expensive wotty 360. Its currently built for speeding around a heavyweight arena and maybe if I get victors and lithiums in it then I can go full combat.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

No one should be pressured into full combat if they don't want to. That is the main reason we have nonspinner combat first and also with double elimination you can always skip a fight if you get drawn against a spinner and still progress in the main event assuming you haven't already lost one. Craig if you are that desperate to fight Combatant I will let you have a go after the event if it doesn't run but Variant is a more effective spinner these days.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I agree with everyone. Non-spinner combat is good for people who don't want to risk their antweight, but full combat should be just that, no mercy until you've won.

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I'd love to fight combatant Pete, do I assume that ur flipper is replacing it then? just that its on your entry list
Only reason I want to fight it Pete is it knocked me out of the last AWS i attended, If Variant is working better then brill I'd love to fight that.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Not 100% sure yet the flipper is working quite well now but the problem of remembering to reset correctly whilst in the heat of battle was a bit of a problem last time out so I am thinking of automating the system with a software/hardware mod to the controller board. ie after the flip the flipper resets and then moves almost to the flip point ready for the next flip under processor control if my ageing brain can get the 16bit counter working correctly.